Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kme

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I agree with J. Why chance it when you can just get new factory sharp blades.

Jamie

Ohio
what chance is that really taking? there is much virtue in sharpening your own broadheads, knives and other things. it's a source of pride among people who appreciate what it takes, and what it means, to make something really sharp and then actually use it. besides that, sharpening your own broadheads is one small way to put more or yourself into the hunt. it's damn disappointing that more bow and arrow hunters don't do it nowadays. buying new blades is surely a lot easier.

Jake_C, I've never resharpened a replaceable blade broadhead with anything because I've never hunted with anything but one piece heads in the last 33 years, and I've been sharpening my own shit for at least that long. give it a try.

Jake_C

I agree with J. Why chance it when you can just get new factory sharp blades.

Seems like you can buy a lot of replacement blades for that cost....

J,
I always hear about how sharp this broad head or that is out of the box but I've never come across any that struck me as being scary sharp. I bought slick trick standards, QAD exodus and Wac'Em broadheads this year. Of the 3 only the exodus were sharp enough to shave without much real effort. Other than that it's just another way to be involved with my favorite hobby.
Mike,
I don't plan to resharpen any replaceable blades that have gone through an animal but I do like to shoot them at the target and that seems to take the edge off pretty quick so I'd like to touch them up before they go in my quiver.

Jake_C

what chance is that really taking? there is much virtue in sharpening your own broadheads, knives and other things. it's a source of pride among people who appreciate what it takes, and what it means, to make something really sharp and then actually use it. besides that, sharpening your own broadheads is one small way to put more or yourself into the hunt. it's damn disappointing that more bow and arrow hunters don't do it nowadays. buying new blades is surely a lot easier.

Jake_C, I've never resharpened a replaceable blade broadhead with anything because I've never hunted with anything but one piece heads in the last 33 years, and I've been sharpening my own shit for at least that long. give it a try.

Thanks for the insight. Pretty much sums up my reasons for wanting to give it a try.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I tried doing slick trick blades and failed. Woodsman broadheads are a bit easier.