Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A Shoutout to Tenpoint

After much wrestling with the decision I finally decided to jump ship and semi retire my Hortons. Worked out a great deal with Tenpoint in Suffield yesterday on a Wicked Ridge Warrior G3. They worked with me, understanding my limitations. I hope to get a chance to get it to the range this afternoon. Once again the guys in Suffield definitely made me happy. I got just what I needed including the AcuDraw cocking device. They also changed all my arrows from moon nocks to Omni Nocks that this bow requires. I kept half a dozen moon nocked arrows for my Hortons just in case I need a backup during the season. Can't wait to send an arrow downrange. Even though I jumped ship I can't give up my screen name, Hortontoter stays.

Buckmaster

Portage
Nice purchase. Their trigger boxes are the cat's meow. You will never shoot your Horton again after you see your precise groups with your WR.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the 10point fold Dick.... They're customer service is second too none....

I have a feeling you'll be changing your screen name here shortly lmao....

Dick, were they able to change an accudraw for you?

Not able to change the AcuDraw to crank left handed, but I found a couple ways to work around it. Most likely will be using a short handled 1/4" drive ratchet with a socket. The shorter crank from my Horton wont fit the hex, and the handle for the Acudraw is to long to cock the bow lying on the ground. It may take some getting used to, but I'll make it work somehow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not able to change the AcuDraw to crank left handed, but I found a couple ways to work around it. Most likely will be using a short handled 1/4" drive ratchet with a socket. The shorter crank from my Horton wont fit the hex, and the handle for the Acudraw is to long to cock the bow lying on the ground. It may take some getting used to, but I'll make it work somehow.

Dick, can you make a wedge to bring the back end up off the ground to get the full swing on the crank handle?

I did get out to the range this evening. Thank God, Norma came along. Cocking this thing was more challenging than I anticipated. She did the cranking while I sighted it in. Took 6 shots to get on the money at 20 yards. Consistency was very good. Just for giggles I took a shot at thirty yards using the second line in the scope. Wasn't expecting much, but dead center at thirty yards on the first shot really surprised me. Back to the drawing board on the cranking situation, but I'm quite sure the 1/4" ratchet is going to be the answer. I figured it would take some time to work this out, but I don't give up easily.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good to hear on your fine choice, I'm sorta thinking of getting a Tenpoint outfit myself. I was looking at the outfits on our Dist. site before I read this post.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I did get out to the range this evening. Thank God, Norma came along. Cocking this thing was more challenging than I anticipated. She did the cranking while I sighted it in. Took 6 shots to get on the money at 20 yards. Consistency was very good. Just for giggles I took a shot at thirty yards using the second line in the scope. Wasn't expecting much, but dead center at thirty yards on the first shot really surprised me. Back to the drawing board on the cranking situation, but I'm quite sure the 1/4" ratchet is going to be the answer. I figured it would take some time to work this out, but I don't give up easily.

First off- congrats on the new bow purchase!
Second- I'm sure you will figure it out. You are resourceful and persistent. If for some reason you can't get it to where you can crank it yourself, you still have your Hortons.