Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Blob Broadhead Target.......

Anyone tried these out? Got any feedback? i been reading about them and they are supposed to last a long time. im always helping all my friends broadhead tune there bows at my place so it would be nice to find a target that will last a little longer than a block type target. I think im going to order the medium sized one of these if the shipping isnt to much, but i read in a few forums the shipping is expensive.

Jake_C

I put a lot of thought and research into these a couple of years ago myself. I wasn't able to find a local distributor so I went another route. I can't remember exact numbers but I want to say these things weight 80-100 pounds, so shipping was outrageous. I found one company selling a "blob" target with reasonable shipping but after some research I found they weren't made of the same material and break down quickly.
There are a couple of threads on AT from guys that have been shooting the real blobs (made from carpet backing material) for 5+ years and they were still holding up well.

Last year I bought a Rhinehart self healing target for like $170. Steep price, but damn does it hold up! Probably put damn near 500 shots, mostly with fixed blade slick trick broadheads, into it and it still holds up. Great thing about them is there is a removeable insert you can buy for about forty bucks so you aren't out another 170 when it comes time to get a new one. Can't say enough about them. Easy arrow pull as well.