Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

put in some work today in hopes to fill another tag before the end!

Kujo

Maumee, OH
Well, I spent a little over 2 hours today at my only hunting property. I added the rest of my corn to the pile, and shoveled out a long path linking both of my stands to the bait pile. I took the time to add in turns here and there to give me some nice broadside shots. They most be bedding down right by the bait pile, the last pic is only 35 yards away from the corn. I plan on getting in 4 more sits before the end of the season. I will let you all know if they follow the path.

Attachments

• 2nd phone pics again 026.jpg
    2nd phone pics again 026.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 2nd phone pics again 023.jpg
    2nd phone pics again 023.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 200
  • 2nd phone pics again 025.jpg
    2nd phone pics again 025.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 2nd phone pics again 027.jpg
    2nd phone pics again 027.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 179

Kujo

Maumee, OH
well, had the cam set up and it showed 4 does and 7 different bucks, 2 nice 8 pts and a 9 pt came in before dark Thursday night 20 minutes after I left for clearing the path. Didn't see any deer the rest of the weekend, but the path I cleared out was loaded with deer tracks. I would do this again if the snow came a little earlier in the season.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Looks like your plan worked, you just ran out of time. I have had similar sucess packing down trails with the quad and believe it or not blowing paths with the leaf blower.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saturday and Sunday evening I walked in to my stand.. Both nights when I walked out there were tracks in my tracks. On Sunday evening they actually followed them towards my stand but turned off about 60 yards before getting to me and skirted in the thick stuff behind me.