Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What arrows and broadheads are you shooting this year?

scottofalltrades

Picked up some new arrows from Gander Mountain the other day. Nice deal since the door is closing there.

Had them cut and glued up today and ran them through the paper tuner. These things shoot like a champ out the box! The picture looks like there was a bad arrow in the top right, that is just two holes.

I also shot some arrows that I have been using and using. I have tweaked the hell out of these Walmart specials. They shoot okay, but man that paper shows how crazy they can get.

Sticking with the muzzys this year.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Easton axis and slick tricks. Bought a pack of the new slick trick mechanicals for the crossbow like how they look and my brother shoots the shwacker and there basically the same he has had good results so we will hopefully see how they work.

Jamie

Ohio
Douglas Fir, 100 gr woody weight with 125 gr Woodsman, total weight of 650 gr. they fly like darts out of every 55-60 lb bow I own. :smile:

Jake_C

I am just getting into buying better arrows. Do y'all feel refletching is a cost saver or you just like doing it?
It's a cost saver. Not a ton but enough to be worthwhile for me. I bough an Arizona EZ fletch mini for 45 bucks. You do all 3 vanes at once and can get straight or helical arms. Super easy and fast and puts a nice helical on with the helical arms. I've had about two dozen arrows that needed refletched building up for a couple of years so it's already paid for itself compared to the 3 bucks an arrow the shops here charge.

scottofalltrades

It's a cost saver. Not a ton but enough to be worthwhile for me. I bough an Arizona EZ fletch mini for 45 bucks. You do all 3 vanes at once and can get straight or helical arms. Super easy and fast and puts a nice helical on with the helical arms. I've had about two dozen arrows that needed refletched building up for a couple of years so it's already paid for itself compared to the 3 bucks an arrow the shops here charge.
I've looked at it. I'm also looking and getting set up for reloading shotgun TOO though. Might be one of those things that I wait on. I go through more shells than I do arrows.

Just 1 More

I am just getting into buying better arrows. Do y'all feel refletching is a cost saver or you just like doing it?

I just like to play with everything and anything archery.. I'll fletch the same shafts multiple times with all different types and sizes of fletchings.. I just like to play

scottofalltrades

Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm hoping to tell work to fugg off and that I need more time at home. I just need the time to spend on things like this haha.

Do you not worry about not having a cock vane though?

Just 1 More

Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm hoping to tell work to fugg off and that I need more time at home. I just need the time to spend on things like this haha.

Do you not worry about not having a cock vane though?

If you're asking me... NO.. with a 4 fletch it can only go on the string two ways and both are the same