Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Picked up a new toy

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I text Jagermeister about his a little. They look and sound pretty freaking cool. Not sure I'm ready to try it yet. I know myself. I'm afraid the $200-300 drones wouldn't cut it. I tend to do things overkill. Knowing myself, I'm better off pretending they don't exist. It will save me some serious coin. Lol

Just 1 More

I text Jagermeister about his a little. They look and sound pretty freaking cool. Not sure I'm ready to try it yet. I know myself. I'm afraid the $200-300 drones wouldn't cut it. I tend to do things overkill. Knowing myself, I'm better off pretending they don't exist. It will save me some serious coin. Lol

I wanted one for a while.. I said fugg it and pulled the trigger

Just 1 More

I've got a phantom 4 and love it.

Can you stop by and give me lessons on flying this thing???? lol
Just now getting the batteries charged up. Hope to fly it sometime today or tomorrow. The damn manual is printed so small it's hard for my old eyes to read, even with glasses on

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can you stop by and give me lessons on flying this thing???? lol
Just now getting the batteries charged up. Hope to fly it sometime today or tomorrow. The damn manual is printed so small it's hard for my old eyes to read, even with glasses on
Now what fun would that be?!? Haha! These things practically fly themselves man... You'll be fine. The worst part of owning one is the batteries. They cost an arm and a leg, and getting by with only one or two would be painful.

Just 1 More

Now what fun would that be?!? Haha! These things practically fly themselves man... You'll be fine. The worst part of owning one is the batteries. They cost an arm and a leg, and getting by with only one or two would be painful.

They did give me a "free" extra battery and an extra set of blades. I sent a "accessories gift list" to my daughter,, got birthday and Christmas coming up :smiley_bril:
I've run the batteries down a few times already. I find that I get real nervous when it's out of sight and i'm flying it by the view screen.. I've go so many damn trees around here.. I did shave a few leaves off a limb lmao
I think I've got the "flying" part down pretty good.. It's the camera features part that I need to learn much better.
It uses your cell phone as the nav screen, pretty cool the way it saves video and images directly to the phone in it's own file. There is so much more for me to learn and it's going to take a whole bunch more playing with it to learn it.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My son has a really nice one. He flies it from his house out to the back of my farm and checks the food plots and does videos. That's about 1800 ft one way. Has a auto return to the starting point when the battery gets low.
He flew around my house and did a video when we put in new landscaping this year. He did that from 700 ft away.
I plan to use it this fall to scout out my neighbor's woods where the deer trail comes into my food plot.
Don't know which brand but knowing him it wasn't cheap.

Just 1 More

I ordered an adapter bracket so I can use my tablet instead of my phone. I think being able to see a bigger screen will help with my comfort level.