Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New warning from I.E.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am getting:

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options...

Just thought I would let you know Joe.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Were you trying to download something at the time? What page did it show up on? What version of IE.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You don't have to ignore it. Odds are the security is set too high. When the little bar pops up just click it and say allow... From then on it shouldn't bother you.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Did that to me for the very first time today as well. I went from the "Who's Online" (where my favorite link sends me) to the "New Posts" and the same message appeared. I just hit allow and it has been better. I wish I would have saved a copy of the screen after I allowed it to better help.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I know how to make the warning go away. Something has changed to make it appear. That is what I was getting at. Any other time the site hasn't tried load anything until we did the big switch. Now it is trying to load something. Probably a cookie tracker and thats it but I wanted to let you know.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know how to make the warning go away. Something has changed to make it appear. That is what I was getting at. Any other time the site hasn't tried load anything until we did the big switch. Now it is trying to load something. Probably a cookie tracker and thats it but I wanted to let you know.

Beentown

Shouldn't be trying to load anything bud. I have no clue what it could be. The site doesn't track cookies except it's own and doesn't need software for that... Can you click on details or something for me and see what it wants? I can't get my IE to do it..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey Bud.. Here is everything running on a page... The Stack.ak.fbcdn stuff is facebook.. The other stuff is all google stuff for the add etc. The only thing IE could be doing is blocking a cookie from google or FB from being downloaded..

What is your security setting in IE?

tools / internet options / privacy tab (medium, medium high, or high)

I would like to get to th bottom of it as it's annoying.. But then again so is IE. lol... But after looking things over there isn;t anything malicious going on.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Crap.. Hmmm... What does what's the risk say. Is it specific or does it just give some generic BS.... I'm trying to find exactly what it is. WHat version of IE? I can;t get 8 to do it no matter the settings i try.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Se here another forum admin having the same problem with IE Users. He is confirming what I thought.. It's the FB Connect..

http://www.naznet.com/community/showthread.php?3671-to-help-protect-your-security...

I think it's a flaw in IE related to the Facebook connect. It's happening all over the internet and only with users of IE. Do you happen to have another browser, like Firefox? If so, try it and let me know what happens.

I don't think many people use the Facebook connect anyway, I may just shut it off.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah Joe I think you are on the right track. Just happened to be right after I did a full system scan...

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah Joe I think you are on the right track. Just happened to be right after I did a full system scan...

Beentown

Does it do it on every page.. Is this something you can reproduce to help me test something..

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Something about a website trying to download files to your computer without your permission or if you requested a file but the download did not start immediately

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Something about a website trying to download files to your computer without your permission or if you requested a file but the download did not start immediately

Yeah Generic stuff... Are you using the FB connect JD and Been?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I ended up deleting all my tracking cookies. I am sure it is something trying to load tracking cookies.

Beentown