Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What is your favorite trail camera?

Right now i have 3 bushnell no-glo aggressors. I really like the quality of the pictures but i had one of the cameras quit working only after about 2 months. They did warranty the camera though but i had to pay to ship it in and pay the return shipping on a new one. I am in the market to buy a couple new ones so i wanted to hear what everyones opinions were on there cameras. I been thinking about trying out them ones that send the pictures to your cell phone, anyone have any good experience with them?

My old WGI X6C gives me the best photos. But, no burst mode and it eats batteries fairly quick. My two favorite cameras are cheap, I'll call them imitation, Bushnell Trophy cameras. They were made by Bushnell and sold at Wal-Mart. Only 4 AA's to run them, with plenty of battery life and lots of options for setting them up, including video. They are infra red also. I've ran these for about four or five years. In really cold weather they sometimes lose time or date though. Still for $99 cameras they have been workhorses taking thousands and thousands of photos.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Primo's Truth 35. We've ran a couple of those for going on 6-7 years with never a problem (fingers crossed). Takes 4 D batteries and they last forever. Picture quality is really good too. Not sure they even make them any more. They were $100 or so I think

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I run a lot of cams. My favorite is the Browning Recon Force. For the money you can't beat it.

Second is the Exodus Lift, I'm about to order their 2nd generation cam which may push it above the Browning.

If you need a cam to put on a feeder then Covert is a good choice. Picture quality is not always the best but they run forever on a set of batteries. I had some issues with one of their customer reps and will never give them another dollar.

Bushnell's are good cams. I just got an Aggressor but it went through 2 sets of batteries in a month. I will be contacting them next week.

I tried a Moultrie and gave it away...junk compared to the Brownings.

My son runs some Stealth cams and likes them but I have never tried them.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've ran a few different wildgame cameras, all junk. The only moultries I've ever had are the A5's and I still have a couple out now that have been running almost non stop for 2-4 years. I've had a couple Bushnell HD's, they were nice. My favorite now is the spartan SR1-IR, 2 Year warranty, display screen, built like a tank. I got a hell of a deal on two of them on eBay before they got really popular, but they can still be found for a little over $100. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/292073919456

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Browning is killing it right now.

I've had 8 different brands of cams and Browning is my favorite at this time. I also like my Bushnell and may get an Exodus some day as I like what they are offering, but when I can get 2 Browning Strike Forces for the same money, it's a tougher sell.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last browning i owed was a piece of crap, havn't tried any of theirs since but maybe they have improved.
But i think any of em work descent just luck of the draw.
Always had good luck with Moultries,have a couple that have been out 2 and 3 yrs.
But got one last yr and had to send it back as it wouldn't stop taking pics every few seconds,customer service was great and they sent me a better cam.
Also having good luck with a couple Cabela's cameras,not sure who makes em for them.
Yea had some wildgame cams and down to my last one,when it craps out i wont own another one.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse is the strike force the one you would suggest trying?

It's the one I have experience with, so it is usually the one I suggest. I know others have spoke highly of their other cams as well, I just haven't used them personally. My only issue thus far is I broke a latch, no big deal, and I had to update the software when 2 of my 4 started taking black pics at night, again, no big deal. I've ran A+ cams and they come at an A+ price. I need something sufficient that doesn't kill me financially. IMO, and to date, the Browning line of cams does just that and they do it better than most.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Jesse is the strike force the one you would suggest trying?

I have one strike force. It is ok. The Recon Force is a better cam. You can pick one up for under $110 if you search. Check out my trail cam threads. Most of my pics and videos are with the Recon Force. They are out 10-12 months a year and I bought my first ones the year Browning came out with them...2013 I think. They are still going strong.

Last edited:

jlane

dunn nc
I like bushnell wireless and non wireless, only bad i see in wireless is at&t service sucks.
When there in great locals pics are awesome. less than 45 seconds i have pics.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm up to 4 Exodus's now. I have Moultrie M100 ? that's been a workhorse over the years. I remember having to send that back at the beginning for something I can't remember. I've been thru so many cameras over the years like everyone else, that I do not dare remind my wife of that. The Exodus's have been the only ones that have not been sent back for operating issues.

killbucks22

nw ohio
It's the one I have experience with, so it is usually the one I suggest. I know others have spoke highly of their other cams as well, I just haven't used them personally. My only issue thus far is I broke a latch, no big deal, and I had to update the software when 2 of my 4 started taking black pics at night, again, no big deal. I've ran A+ cams and they come at an A+ price. I need something sufficient that doesn't kill me financially. IMO, and to date, the Browning line of cams does just that and they do it better than most.[/QUOTE

I think I might have to update my software after reading what you say about yours Jesse...my night time pis are real fussy and not the best of quality! ?? Last year my strike force worked great though so it just started..how hard is it to update the software?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Browning is killing it right now.

I've had 8 different brands of cams and Browning is my favorite at this time. I also like my Bushnell and may get an Exodus some day as I like what they are offering, but when I can get 2 Browning Strike Forces for the same money, it's a tougher sell.

Got a part number on the strike force? Seems to be couple different models.

Diablo54

Outside
I believe I have 7 brownings, I like them but they are starting to give up on me. For some reason the battery trays are not staying in completely and the cameras are not staying on while in the field. Still hard for me to talk bad about browning because they have given me so many great pictures.

I have 2 coverts and the are the best cameras I've ever had. Battery life is awesome.

angelzd28

I have a preference for Stealth Cams, I have a couple and they take great daytime photos, easy to set up, batteries last a long time, and not real pricey. Although with everyone talking up the Browning Cams, I may have to purchase one.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I can't believe non of you fuggers except Dustin and I have given the Spartans a shot. IMG_20170715_153855115_HDR.jpg