Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Energizer lithiums

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been buying my Lithiums on Ebay mostly, but I recently discovered, at Wally World at least, that their prices have come down. A 4 pack was 9.99 & now, I've been buying packs of 8 for $11 something. I haven't seen anyone mentioning this, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I dunno if it's just our Newark store, but it's certainly worth checking them out.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There's a big difference. I've been using Ray O Vacs for a good while with no complaints , though I have realistic expectations & know their limitations. I can't tell the difference between them & Duracells. Lithiums will go from November ? into June. With this new land I go on about, I'm getting over 700 pics in a two week's time ( 4 shot burst mode ), so the lith's will be all the more important. This first year will be a learning experience.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I get 8-12mo out of the Energizer Lithium batteries depending upon number of pics taken. Different cameras might eat them a little faster than others too.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Kevin, you're using 4 shot burst mode on minerals? I just can't see spending the extra money on lithiums, I just now changed the batteries in one of my Spartans. It takes 12 AA'S and I can expect to get a solid 3-4 months out of a fresh set of batteries. I can get 30 Duracell quantums at BJ's wholesale for $17, those seem to last in my cameras.

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I use the 4 shot rather than video since not every single will provide a good pic & interaction. I did just recently switch to video for a short time, before that particular card filled up. That's good for what you guys are reports for your cams.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When I ran cams at the property in Carroll County, I always used the lithium batteries because I didn't get down there often and I'd have the cams out year-round. I would get 12-15 months out of a set of batteries with my Bushnell. Nowadays, I only run cams for short times and they're all close to home, so I buy the cheap bulk-package AA's, or whatever else I can get my hands on. I still get 2-4 months with the cheapies.

I get about 10-12 months using Energizer Lithiums in my cheap (I forget the model) Bushnell camera. It runs on 4 AA's and it is on a 3 shot burst mode over my Trophy Rock. I pulled my card after 9 days on Saturday and it had just over 3500 pictures. These 4 batteries have been in the camera in the woods since Jan. 14. I run regular alkalines in my other Bushnell cameras I have out only from Sept. thru gun season.

Was looking at regular Duracell and Energizer's on Amazon, seems like some incredible prices. Couple comments on reviews makes me wonder about knock-off's though. Didn't look at lithium's though, haven't given them much thought but maybe I should?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Great article! Lowe's has 8 packs marked down to under $12 which is better than $16.