Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mingo Drawing

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Thought we may have a drawing at Mingo. It's free and the prizes are nothing big. Just some good clean fun for a few. Everyone there will draw a card from a deck and tear it in half. We will pick a winner and the winner will pick the next winner. (Sounds real simple sober). Maybe right before the fireworks would be good?

I have some donations of signature items coming. Ex: Jesse's Apple Pie. Ron's Mustard. Chad's Turkey Strikers. Joy is making some TOO things. Mr. Hicks has an item or two I do believe. ect ect. (Maybe even a bow wrist strap from Flutie? Hint Hint) And if anyone else wants to donate a signature item (or a handie) just let me know and bring it with you. If you want it shared, send me a pic or post it.

As the days wind down, I am going to put some pic's of the prizes on here to share. So far we are over 20 items!

Todays items are a couple Bow Ropes. Never have too many free bow ropes around!

20170702_080649.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Great idea. Along these lines I've also been working on a 20 question hunting centric trivia game. This will be played in the circle when we're all pretty much inebriated, with the exception of those who don't drink. They'll be a first through third place prize.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I kick in something... Gotta look around... Maybe a six pack of brew from a local micro brewery...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey Rick, I have a little suggestion for the camera mounts buddy. Instead of using just a regular hex-head bolt for tightening the pivot point, maybe try an eye-bolt, or weld a wing nut to the head. With the one you gave me, I found it was kinda tough to get it tight enough to hold my camera in place without using a wrench or pliers. I just couldn't hold onto that hex head good enough with my fingers. With an eye bolt, there'll be more to hold onto, or you could run a twig through the hole to hold it in place.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Hey Rick, I have a little suggestion for the camera mounts buddy. Instead of using just a regular hex-head bolt for tightening the pivot point, maybe try an eye-bolt, or weld a wing nut to the head. With the one you gave me, I found it was kinda tough to get it tight enough to hold my camera in place without using a wrench or pliers. I just couldn't hold onto that hex head good enough with my fingers. With an eye bolt, there'll be more to hold onto, or you could run a twig through the hole to hold it in place.
What Jimbo said. I use a thumb screw bolt with a mud screwed up right against the thumb end and a wing nut on the other side. Also, I use a rubber washer, then stainless washer, then wing nut on the bolt that screws into the camera.

Very awesome setup Ric. That was a great idea!

Here's a thumb head screw.Screenshot_20170703-203821.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20170704_153047.jpg

The camera mounts will be the new and improved (No Tools Needed) version. Thank You JB and Flutie. I even added another wing nut for mounting to camera.