Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL AR deal

Houseofmoto

NE Ohio
That is a buy it now smoking deal! Carpenter 158 bolt, H buffer. Delton is GTG.

Hope some of you jump on that! I just bought another upper and a rail, or I'd be ordering 2 of those to stash away.

Errrr.....may not be as great as I thought. No forward assist, no front sight base, it's not the gun they have pictured.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is a buy it now smoking deal! Carpenter 158 bolt, H buffer. Delton is GTG.

Hope some of you jump on that! I just bought another upper and a rail, or I'd be ordering 2 of those to stash away.

Errrr.....may not be as great as I thought. No forward assist, no front sight base, it's not the gun they have pictured.

Having shot over 50K rounds of 223 and 223AI in AR's shooting PD for 15 yrs and I can state I never once used the forward assist to finish chambering a round. I even built my custom 223AI AR without the forward assist upper so I could mill a slot to have a side mounted charging handle.

But I never shot a factory round only handloads.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Having shot over 50K rounds of 223 and 223AI in AR's shooting PD for 15 yrs and I can state I never once used the forward assist to finish chambering a round. I even built my custom 223AI AR without the forward assist upper so I could mill a slot to have a side mounted bolt lever.

I've used it many times in the field. Some of it could be attributed to the use of dirty blanks with a blank adapter for exercises, But also used it in live fire. If it's just a screw around the range, hunt, and home defense gun I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a bug out weapon where your dicks gonna be in the dirt I would say it's a requirement.

Houseofmoto

NE Ohio
Having shot over 50K rounds of 223 and 223AI in AR's shooting PD for 15 yrs and I can state I never once used the forward assist to finish chambering a round. I even built my custom 223AI AR without the forward assist upper so I could mill a slot to have a side mounted bolt lever.

Won't disagree. I just like having one. It's nice when you want to quietly chamber a round rather than slamming the bolt forward after releasing the charging handle.

Still a good deal if you need an AR or a spare. Appreciate the heads up.