Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 plots

Diablo54

Outside
I went ahead and worked up ground last weekend to plant buckwheat which will be tilled under in a few months to plant fall plots. Just got done planting and rolling it in. All of these 3 small plots add up to about 1 acre. And they all surround my big clover field and mineral site. Hoping these storms pull through for me! Will keep this updated as the summer goes. And we will see what the fall plots do when the time comes. I also planted one tiny 1/4 acre plot with some B O B seed we bought this winter on clearance. Just to see how it does. The clover fields look awesome to me and the mineral site has been hammered for several summers now. I'm waiting on the tree to fall over haha.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The clover looks great man! Hopefully you get some timely rain, but not too much... Buckwheat doesn't like to be wet.

Diablo54

Outside
Just got enough rain to make the ground sticky. Hopefully we get a bit more. I planted the clover last spring. It did okay last year. But this year it has really taken off. Keeping it mowed has kept the weeds choked down. Here's the mineral site

Diablo54

Outside
Tilled my buckwheat under a few weeks ago and planted the fall plot seed from my local seed store. It seems to be coming up pretty good! IMG_5631.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
Nice plot Taylor! Was the buckwheat a poor stand or did it just mature past palatability?

It came up good in small sections and in others only grew about 8" tall. But both of my buckwheat fields flooded when they where about 3-4" tall for a day. May have had something to do with it. Thanks guys

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It came up good in small sections and in others only grew about 8" tall. But both of my buckwheat fields flooded when they where about 3-4" tall for a day. May have had something to do with it. Thanks guys
Oh that's right... I forgot all about the flooding you had.