Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Accupuncture

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My friend had it done on his lower back many years ago and said he got good results. I have severe MS muscle pain and over 36 yrs no doctor ever recommended acupuncture to help me. But he's 82 now and says he has bad back pain at times and minor pain all the time.
I got a good TENS unit 3 months ago for severe lower back pain and it worked wonders. After 8 hrs I was almost pain free. Now I only use it when I know I will be doing heavy work for a long period of time. Two weeks ago I did a 8 day new fencing build work and wore the TENS non stop. Used it for one day afterwards and haven't used it for a week now. Little pain but I'm OK without it.

You asked about using it for other ailments. If you read about it on the internet I would list it as internet BS. I never pay attention to on reviews by users as I suspect them as product spam postings.
I only put any belief in to a independent test reviews. But if a TOO forum member post reviews I would put some truth into as we know the poster is a real person we can trust. But if it was a 1st time poster then I would consider it as just another BS spam posting.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Years ago i was having some right side neck and jaw pain. Saw numerous doctors that all diagnosed it with whatever would make them money. Actually had an ear nose and throat doctor say it was my deviated septum that I've had for 8 years at the time and wanted to schedule immediate surgery. Went and visited an acupuncturist in yellow springs and she stuck some needles in my wrist and hand and in one treatment i was considerably better. After a couple more treatments the pain has never returned. I always called it hippie voodoo medicine but not any more.

Jamie

Ohio
I like it. the pain relief I've gotten for my neck/shoulder/back trouble has been noticeable and cumulative, but not complete. the knee pain that I've endured daily for the last 15 years has been reduced 80-90%. I'm going to keep doing it for a while. I did a cupping a week ago. was rather painful, but seems to have helped some. my back is covered with silver dollar sized round petichia now.

My chiropractor flat told me that he can't to anything more for me, which is good to know, but he was able to improve my flexibility and movement in 4 visits. I'll go and see him once in a while as needed. Acupuncture works for me. massage therapy works, too. relief is only partial and temporary for me so far. I'll be seeing an orthopedic surgeon this week as I continue to seek remedy. truth is, I should probably give up working, archery, or both if I ever want to live without pain. neither is likely to happen anytime soon.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like it. the pain relief I've gotten for my neck/shoulder/back trouble has been noticeable and cumulative, but not complete. the knee pain that I've endured daily for the last 15 years has been reduced 80-90%. I'm going to keep doing it for a while. I did a cupping a week ago. was rather painful, but seems to have helped some. my back is covered with silver dollar sized round petichia now.

My chiropractor flat told me that he can't to anything more for me, which is good to know, but he was able to improve my flexibility and movement in 4 visits. I'll go and see him once in a while as needed. Acupuncture works for me. massage therapy works, too. relief is only partial and temporary for me so far. I'll be seeing an orthopedic surgeon this week as I continue to seek remedy. truth is, I should probably give up working, archery, or both if I ever want to live without pain. neither is likely to happen anytime soon.
Isn't it amazing how a couple of needles can accomplish so much. Yet you ask most doctors and they think it's quack medicine.

Jamie

Ohio
alternative forms of medicine, particularly Eastern medicine, seem worth trying to me. Western medicine is based largely upon Eastern medicine, which has been around thousands of years longer. odds are there is something to it. I guess you have to keep an open mind.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Western medicine is designed to save lives. It's trauma medicine and we are the best in the world, ever, at it. However it's the holistic healing approach of Eastern medicine and "hippie voodoo" that truly has an impact on our daily lives and the grind associated with life in the 21st century. After years of listening to a "mentor" speak of the benefits of yoga and meditation, I am looking to incorporate those in to my lifestyle along with massage and yes, acupuncture. I am 100% convinced that Big Pharma has corrupted a significant portion of our medical industry and it's not in their best interest for us to do anything that doesn't require a script or surgery. My mom is the prime example of someone stuck in the system and it's her pill pushing doctor who exemplifies the kind of guy that gives NO consideration to anything methodology outside of the script pad on his desk. Over the past 3 years as I've taken a deep interest in health and well-being, I am grown increasing disgusted by Western medicine, especially chiropractors. They do offer some benefits, but are not capable of what many of them will tell you they can do. The vast majority of practitioners have no incentive to heal you, only to treat you until the symptoms dictate another visit to their "practice". It becomes a vicious cycle...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Want to pull our your hair?!?
[video=youtube;Er78Dj5hyeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er78Dj5hyeI[/video]
Tits and a suit. That's all it takes to sell anything. An older guy in a nice suit and a hot girl with tits that gets you in the door. That covers 90% of the pharmacy reps I've ever seen walk into a doctor's office.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Tits and a suit. That's all it takes to sell anything. An older guy in a nice suit and a hot girl with tits that gets you in the door. That covers 90% of the pharmacy reps I've ever seen walk into a doctor's office.

It's laughable how evident that is! I graduated OU in 2005, which was being a sales rep in Big Pharma was all the rage. Of the girls I graduated with, ALL the hot ones (12 or so) were already hired as sales reps for Pfizer before graduation. It's the same thing in the oilfield with service firms and their sales reps. Go on LinkedIn right now and look around for people with experience as land agents or sales reps for service firms. There is a PLETHORA of hot females looking for jobs right now thanks to the downturn. Tits and ass can sell drilling mud, rental equipment or drugs...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's laughable how evident that is! I graduated OU in 2005, which was being a sales rep in Big Pharma was all the rage. Of the girls I graduated with, ALL the hot ones (12 or so) were already hired as sales reps for Pfizer before graduation. It's the same thing in the oilfield with service firms and their sales reps. Go on LinkedIn right now and look around for people with experience as land agents or sales reps for service firms. There is a PLETHORA of hot females looking for jobs right now thanks to the downturn. Tits and ass can sell drilling mud, rental equipment or drugs...
The same with information technology sales buddy. I like fucking with them in meetings, everybody knows why they're there I still like to ask the tits pointed questions. " so what is your role in this process". "What benefits are you bringing to the table." I then direct all of my question to the tits because the suit can only "let me answer that" so many times before it becomes awkward. Plus I just like to see the "Oh shit" deer in the headlights look on the tits face.

You know me. The people person.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
The same with information technology sales buddy. I like fucking with them in meetings, everybody knows why they're there I still like to ask the tits point Ted questions. " so what is your role in this process". "What benefits are you bringing to the table." I then direct all of my question to the tits because the suit can only "let me answer that" so many times before it becomes awkward. Plus I just like to see the "Oh shit" deer in the headlights look on the tits face.

You know me. The people person.

Lmao