PDA

View Full Version : New Bow?

Untitled

OHIOOutdoors2
05-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Was wanting to get your guys opinion on the matter and this is the best place to get some field reviews. When I first picked up hunting I used an old bow I traded a paintball gun for. Two seasons ago I was given a new Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. This bow has treated me well. I have shot the lights out with it. Both seasons I have had it I have made the "money shot" and dropped both bucks within 60 yards of the stand. However, I have been thinking about making an upgrade. I have always liked the look of the Mathews bows and I remember watching Tom Miranda as a young kid on the weekends on ESPN. I have looked at the Z series and kind of like that look but wanted any advice you could give? I have a stick bow as well but don't feel I would have enough confidence to take it hunting in the season while not having lots of time to practice due to school. So that's why I'm leaning towards compound still.

Bigslam51
05-24-2017, 10:44 PM
I don't have any experience with any other brands besides Mathews. It's the only compound hunting bow I've ever had. It's coming up on its 6th deer season and it's treated me well. I have the monster MR8, none of the other bows would fit me.

bigten05
05-25-2017, 06:11 AM
ive got the halon 6 i love it. ive got a helium to it shoots great. go shoot a couple different models and see what you like. i think you should try out the primes to if i was to get a new one this year it would be at the top of my list.

OHIOOutdoors2
05-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Okay thanks I will be sure to check them out

jagermeister
05-25-2017, 07:57 AM
For me, appearance does factor into the decision... Some... But shootability and feel weigh much heavier in making a choice to buy this or that bow. The big 4 or 5 brands all make quality bows and have good customer service. Best thing you can do is just go shoot a bunch of them. You'll know the right one when you feel it.

"J"
05-25-2017, 08:08 AM
For me, appearance does factor into the decision... Some... But shootability and feel weigh much heavier in making a choice to buy this or that bow. The big 4 or 5 brands all make quality bows and have good customer service. Best thing you can do is just go shoot a bunch of them. You'll know the right one when you feel it.

^^^^ This is what you need too do..... What works for some, doesn't for others.... When your down to the one (or 2) you like hen you start asking the pros and cons....

Archertl
05-25-2017, 12:08 PM
If i was looking at buying a brand new bow id look at the hoyt defiant 34 or turbo, bowtech prodigy, elite revol and the mathew halons are nice (probably the best bow mathews has made since the switchback) however i cant stand those rings they loop their yolks around.

Used bows hoyt spyder turbo, faktor 34, nitrum 34, bowtech prodigy, halon series, and elite energy,

You want to shoot as many bows as you can. I would really guide you to a bow that has at least a 32 axle to axle length. Unless you are really hung up on over all length.