Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Needs Your Help.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Hey Guys,
We would like to update the forum software to a more robust and feature rich experience for you guys. Our current layout and feature set gets the job done but it could be so much better. For example our mobile browser view is atrocious and there isn't really a good method to make it better.

The new software allows for many more possibilities.

• Layout - Far more appealing and easier to navigate.
  • Mobile layout - Natively without the use of a mobile app do everything you can do on a desktop in a responsive mobile view. (You can keep Tapatalk if you like)
  • Social engagements You will have the ability to like someones posts, earn member points for creative content, and share on the social media platform of your choice.
  • Robust photo storage and posting in a photobucket style user or group format.
  • Personalized activity stream. Follow other users or threads, subscribe to the forums and posts that you like, ability to ignore forums, users, and threads from your stream.
And a ton of other features.

Unfortunately everything comes with a price, in this case the new software costs $250.

TOO was never intended to make money and the Google / Amazon adds you see are set to generate enough income to cover the monthly hosting fees. We appreciate you guys as valued members of the TOO family and will continue to work towards providing the best virtual deer camp we possibly can.

You can paypal us by clicking ---> HERE (Please send as Gift)

If paypal isn't your thing and you prefer cash or check Please PM me.

All donors will receive a supporting member banner and a new icon award next to their username in the new software.

Thank you
Joe.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What would be the advantage of the new app vs tapatalk? If I could dump tapatalk for the new app and have the same access I'd do that....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What would be the advantage of the new app vs tapatalk? If I could dump tapatalk for the new app and have the same access I'd do that....
This is not a new app, but new software to power the forum. Still driving a Chevy, but with a LS1 crate motor instead of the stock 350. You'll still use Tapatalk if you want to access the forum via an app and not a web browser.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Not a new app but rather a responsive native view on mobile via the standard browser. Think similar to tapatalk but more functionality as it's the actual website. I think a lot of people will dump tapatalk after it's up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks everyone for your generosity! We've met our goal for this upgrade and truly appreciate it. I'll purchase the software and begin testing.

If you would still like to support TOO and donate towards keeping the lights on it is still much appreciated, any extra is kept in the TOO fund and used for incidentals or site related things that come up from time to time.

I'll begin updating the supporting member banners in the morning.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff right there! AWESOME JOB BY ALL!!!:smiley_clap:

Great site Joe and Jesse! Thanks for running a great place!:pickle: