Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Charlie Horse Remedy............

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok, everyone gets Charlie Horses... You know that knot in your thigh that is the size of a softball and your crying in pain... The more you move the tighter it gets.... Heres an instant remedy... The next time you get one sprinkle some salt in your hand and lick it.... GONE... That quick... The other night I had one that I was screaming... Sprinkled some salt in my hand and soon as it hit my tongue the knot was gone... Years ago my brother laughed at me... Now when we go away hunting the first thing on the nightstand next to the bed is the salt shaker... Try it, you'll be shocked.

Buckmaster

Portage
Interesting....I get those from time to time when I overwork and don't drink enough fluids, turns into knots at night or the next morning sitting at my desk.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Huh. Ill keep that in mind. I've gotten two in my life, both in my calf. The last one was last week after returning from vacation. Middle of the night. This sucker was so bad when i grabbed my calf it was like a softball sized lump with golf balls on it. Could barely walk the next day my calf was so sore. Hurt for three days.

I think it was caused by wearing fins so much snorkeling and diving and the rest of the time flipflops. Then returning home i was wearing my ropers again.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have muscle spasms(charlie horse) due to my MS almost everyday. I'll try the salt and report back. Strange no Doctor for 36 yrs have thought of it as a cure.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Thanks Rich!

20170319_192420.jpg

This stuff works pretty darn good for me. Some Pharmacies have it. Found it on line as well.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, I'll let the wife know as she gets em quite often... Interesting....
Had some in my feet yesterday as I was in flip flops on the boat running the trolling motor and temps were down some...
I'll put one in the boat as well lol