Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mountain lion

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
A fes years ago while visiting my parents house my mom came running into the house claiming that she saw and heard a mtn lion running out of some cattails by the pond. We all told her she was nuts and if anything she may have seen a bobcat.
Well fast forward to today my younger brother was playing with the dogs playing fetch in the pond when he swears he saw a mtn lion "cut the corner" from woods to woods through the yard. He said the dogs got all tensed up and were growling.
I plan on going over there tomorrow with all the trail cams that i can get my hands on and put some old meat out in front of them... we will see if they are bat shit crazy or if we can get pictures of something...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Where abouts? Former coworker from Coshocton swears he and neighbors have seen one.
Thats only about 32 miles from where that guy let all those exotic animals loose then shot himself. Makes you wonder if they got them all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wouldn't surprise me Nathan. I know several who swear they have seen a puma or panther in this area. Authorities wrote it off as a mein coon cat. (Probably butchered the name.) The people I know who saw it are hunters. They know the difference between a big black cat and a big panther like black cat. Another guy has a stuffed "coyote" in his trophy room. Shot it here locally. That coyote is a wolf. No doubt about it. These things happen. Same with bears. They have migrated farther than most authorities like to admit. Then there are the people with "pets" who get too large to handle that get turned loose. Hope you have some success with the cameras.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
When Chad and I were members of the Izaak Walton League, they have had sightings of one on the property. Im not sure if they got it on TC or not, but everyone was warned to take caution while camping out there.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My wife's aunt swears there was one around the perrysville area seen it 2 times by her house she said the first time it was in the wide open and there was no mistaking it.