Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boat Project

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I try to update things on my boat periodically as it's a 1997....

Last year was a bunk boards swap out and it worked out well and made loading and unloading much easier as those bunks wear slowly you don't realize it takes more and more to get it loaded lol....

This year (after years of fighting it) I'm planning on adding a recessed tray on the front deck to put the trolling motor foot pedal into too make it more level with the floor and easier on hips, knees and back....

Most of my buddies I fish with already have them so I'm one of the last hold outs lol....

Went on line and looked at them and right off the bat they're pretty proud of them that's for sure lol.... They were between $140-170.00
And that was a slight turn off as I know what's involved in them and it ain't much lol....

A friend of mine who's boat was totaled last year in an accident (other driver ran a stop sign T-boned his ranger and put a hole in it you could crawl thru) purchased another boat late last summer and installed one on his boat.... He found a tray at a dealer for $70 and bought and installed it over the winter.....

He said he'd give me hand on the install and told me what was needed.... One trip too fastenal and I'm all hooked up lol....

I'm the type of person who will help anyone out with a mechanical issue or home project as if you have issues you can call a guy and you'd be in the same boat as if you'd of called him from the get go so to speak lol....

One thing is, I'll rip and tear on your project with the best of them.... That is until it comes to my boat lmao.... I cannot bring myself too cut a hole in my deck to save my ass lmao.... The thought keeps me up at night lol.... Your boat? I'll cut all day long lol.... Bill said he'd cut out the deck for me and the rest is just a few simple steps lol....

So Sunday the plan is drive over too Bills place, back the boat into the garage and have at it lol.... I'll post some pictures of the process in case anyone out there gets a hankering too do the same down the road... Stay tuned folks lol....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm sure you will be happy with it when you are done, J. I hate tearing my stuff up too, but that's only the first step and it will make your life a little easier on those long, arduous days of fishing. :)

00buck

What kind of boat do you have I got a 1997 tracker been wanting to do the same thing to it