Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Halls boots

Diablo54

Outside
I spend a lot of time on ladders or a set of hooks at work up a pole. My old set of rockys where giving me crows feet after 10 minutes working. I talked to the guys I work with and ended up ordering a 300$ pair of halls boots. I never have spent that on a pair of work boots. But every one said it was worth it. They where right! Best boots I've ever owned. Actually water proof unlike most "water proof" boots and the shank was really helping my feet out. Unfortunately after 8 months the water proofing was no longer holding up. I ignored it, these boots where to comphy to throw away. And I wore them everywhere. I do not own tennis shoes. They took a beating between work/ bowhunting/shed hunting and every day things. They just kept getting more comfortable. The second day of turkey season the sole started ripping off of my left boot. I was pissed. 300$ and they couldn't even make it a year! I sent an email to Halls. They where quick to reply. And told me I needed to contact JHarlen and get with them because that is where I purchased the boots. I figured I was going to get the run around. But after 2 emails to JHarlen I was sending my boots to them with a form of what I wanted them to return. I asked for the same thing because I love them. 1 week later I come home to a brand new pair of halls on my porch. I am pretty impressed! Hopefully it was just a bad pair that didn't get stitched properly. But I am very pleased with both JHarlen and Halls customer service.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good for them. Every pair of Rocky boots I had fell apart. Always the seams like they used cheap cotton thread that just rotted off.
Looking for light weight water proof boots now.
I had a great pair of Danner boots that I liked. But believe it or not 21 yrs ago right after my 1st open heart surgery my feet started growing from 10 Wide size for 52 yrs and now I need 11.5 to 12 EE to fit my feet.

I will have to take your word for the comfy cozy feeling. Rocky boots haven't been good for years. My last pair I used only in the fall most years until I picked them up the last time and most of the sole fell off. Never heard of Halls boots before, they have a cheap man's version??