Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spring time status

BigZ

Hello everyone! I hope everyone survived the brutal Ohio winter we had this year...haha. 4

Little updates from my last post about property management. We have decided we are not going to clear the under brush out, instead clean up some shooting lanes and leave it thick. I have put out minerals as well as mineral blocks for the bucks, and let me tell ya, over a thousand pics from 3 cameras of deer action! I also put up two auto corn feeders on Saturday at the two stands I like to hunt from, opposite ends of the property, stands facing opposite directions for the wind...

I have a handful of bucks on camera at one stand and it has me so excited to watch them develop over the summer and into the season starting. I am not sure of the age but excited to see them mature.

Turkey season has been a bust for big toms, lots of jakes but I am saving them for the future. Things are going well and I am super excited.

How is everyone else doing?

I have attached two pictures of bucks. I am not sure if they are the same one but they could look promising. Unsure of their age. Any guess on the broadside view?

WGI_0032.jpgWGI_0005.jpg

BigZ

I have never been able to determine the age of a deer!! In all honesty, no one has put cameras out in the past. I am excited to see how the deer grow!!