Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Apple Trees

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Who knows fruit trees? Think this one will grow if I trim off the dead and plant the base with the green sprouts attached?
20170508_190856.jpg

Absolutely it will, we have had several over the years that had similar happen and they're 30 ft. tall now. Key is to get rid of the dead stuff so the new has room to grow in that direction. Ours you cannot even tell that is what happened to them now that they're older.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So how are everyone's Apple trees doing this year? Mine are hammerin' and heavy with fruit. I do have a couple that are struggling so they will get a shot of miracle grow here soon. My pear trees are crazy loaded

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The one I posted about is doing Great! Growing like a weed since being cut off. The pear trees I planted last year have pears on them already. The ladys yard I keep clean is loaded again.

Buckmaster

Portage
I have 3 year old apple, persimmon, and pear, about 6'' tall but I have been aggressively cutting off the tops to keep them short. I had flowers this year for the first time but I don't think anything produced yet. My grape vines have a million baby grapes. Its fun to plant from sprouts and watch them grow. I'm trying to grow some apples in my window from apple seeds and a McDonald's milk shake cup.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was just up at Walmart looking at trees and do you know what I saw. Orange trees. I don't know if they got put on the wrong truck or if people are just that stupid.