Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Copperheads

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
While stationed in Arkansas we had those bastards everywhere we hunted and fished.... They were pretty aggressive at times.... Nothing like them trying to get into the boat....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
While stationed in Arkansas we had those bastards everywhere we hunted and fished.... They were pretty aggressive at times.... Nothing like them trying to get into the boat....
Nothing like a big moccasin or coperhead trying to swim out and get in the boat to make for a fun morning fishing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nothing like a big moccasin or coperhead trying to swim out and get in the boat to make for a fun morning fishing.

Or an evening gigging.... One light for the frogs, one scanning for the snakes.... First trip out was some serious pucker factor....

But them Racers take the cake for being aggressive....

Last edited:

antiqucycle

East Ohio
seen a few around Berlin Reservoir especially around the roadsides with lots of big gravel like route 14 and the old railroad and bridge. Also in some of th "hollows" in Jefferson County, and Fernwood Forest
There are rattlers at Mosquito.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Leesville Lake

Thanks! Wished you had a pic or two to share. Were they juveniles or adult size? How cold was the water?
Sorry for all the questions, but my bro and I were snake enthusiast when we were younger. I infact had a pet copperhead several summers ago. Kept him from Mothers Day to mid October back in 2000.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks! Wished you had a pic or two to share. Were they juveniles or adult size? How cold was the water?
Sorry for all the questions, but my bro and I were snake enthusiast when we were younger. I infact had a pet copperhead several summers ago. Kept him from Mothers Day to mid October back in 2000.

Well shit! TADA

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
For some reason my video above won't play so here's a more clear still taken from it.

It was actually 2001.

Last edited: