Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Utiliquest

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Does anybody know anything about working for this company? It's an underground utility location company that looks for electric, cable, gas, and water. Like any company I could find both good and bad reviews about them but I was just wondering if anybody here has worked for them or know anybody that currently works for them.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My wife works for Columbia Gas and they deal with this company daily.
She said they dumped the old company and went with Utiliquest because they had a really good reputation..
She said the workers she talks to never seem to complain like the previous company workers.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the info Brian.

Just trying to figure out if I would be wasting my time to try and get in with them or not.
I guess they have an office in Westerville and another in Strongsville. I'm not sure if they have any other corporate offices in the state or not.

I do know I have seen their techs driving trucks all over the place lol.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks for the info Brian.

Just trying to figure out if I would be wasting my time to try and get in with them or not.
I guess they have an office in Westerville and another in Strongsville. I'm not sure if they have any other corporate offices in the state or not.

I do know I have seen their techs driving trucks all over the place lol.

I have a friend who works for them and he seems to like them.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I passed the assessment and have an interview with them on Wednesday at the Westerville office.

I applied for the position a couple weeks ago and honestly forgot until the lady called yesterday. She sent me an email to log in and take some crazy assessment test that I did this morning. By this afternoon she was calling me back and setting up an interview. She wanted me to go to the Strongsville office Monday but I work Monday and Tuesday and off Wednesday and Thursdays. She was nice enough to get with one of the other managers at the Westerville office to do the interview and worked around my schedule. I thought that was pretty awesome. Most places would have said this is what we have take it or leave it.

I have to Thank John (BigCountry40) for helping me get my resume polished up a few weeks ago. It seems to have helped as I have had more call backs since I started using the new one lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great news Adam.... Big shout out to John as well... Another TOO member helping out another.... Kudos...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks fellas. Worst case, I stay employed where I am. Nothing pushing me out, just ready for something new.

You know J, John offered to go over it and see what he could do. The same day my sister in law said the same thing. John got it fixed and back to me pretty quick. My sister in law still hasn't even looked at it. That was about a month and a half ago lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks fellas. Worst case, I stay employed where I am. Nothing pushing me out, just ready for something new.

You know J, John offered to go over it and see what he could do. The same day my sister in law said the same thing. John got it fixed and back to me pretty quick. My sister in law still hasn't even looked at it. That was about a month and a half ago lol.

Apparently she wants you too stay put lol....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Apparently she wants you too stay put lol....

No, she has a 17yr old girl at home that's being a pita and taking all her free time. She was a headhunter for a company in Columbus a few years ago but changed jobs to be home more. Being home more isn't doing much to curb her daughter though. She still gets herself in trouble and kicked out of school lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
No, she has a 17yr old girl at home that's being a pita and taking all her free time. She was a headhunter for a company in Columbus a few years ago but changed jobs to be home more. Being home more isn't doing much to curb her daughter though. She still gets herself in trouble and kicked out of school lol.

Girls, go figure lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck Adam! Fingers crossed for you and I'm sure you'll do great at the interview buddy!

Kudo's Jon!!! Way to help a friend out!:smiley_clap:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Had my interview with the field manager this morning. He offered me the position. Seems like the only thing I would lose overall is vacation time. I'm currently at 3 weeks but would be back to just one week. Thinking of jumping ship and trying it and see what happens. Given my standing with my current job and giving them notice I could get hired back if it doesn't work out and if it's under a year of separation would get everything back as if I never left.