Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My current project

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
shed 1.jpg

shed 2.jpg

I am building a 12 x 20 shed, Part of it will be a play house for my girls and the other half is a storage/workshop for me. NOW my neighborhood use to have a no shed policy back in the 80's when houses were being built. My neighbor across the street is still holding on to that policy even though there are 16 sheds in the hood! He just got back from his winter home and he hasn't looked at me even though I have been out every day working on it till dark. :smiley_clap: I did save money, time, and skip building permits by putting it on skids. I am hoping to have it covered by the end of this weekend if I can manage enough free time to work on it.

teej89

NE PA
Lol nice, I just figured it's under the square ft requirements so you wouldn't need one either way. I believe sheds and playhouses both fall under this, and in my town it's something like 200sq ft and no more than 12ft high.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Plus its a play house with 80 sq feet and a shed that is 120 sq ft that I put side by side... I didn't want two structures in my yard to mow around so I put them side by side and then one roof :smiley_chinrub:

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Plus its a play house with 80 sq feet and a shed that is 120 sq ft that I put side by side... I didn't want two structures in my yard to mow around so I put them side by side and then one roof :smiley_chinrub:

Nice. But what happened to the other 40 sq ft. 12x20 =240 not 200? LOL

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He is just lucky I didn't build two sheds....one for storage and the other one for the girls play house!
I didn't feel like mowing around two sheds!

My friend got into about a free standing building for his dogs. The Committee came out said the shed had to leave since it wasn't attached to the house.
He said 'hold on' and went into the house got 2 nails and an hammer. Put a nail into the shed and house and put a wire between each nail. Damn they were pissed seeing it attached. That was the end of it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
My friend got into about a free standing building for his dogs. The Committee came out said the shed had to leave since it wasn't attached to the house.
He said 'hold on' and went into the house got 2 nails and an hammer. Put a nail into the shed and house and put a wire between each nail. Damn they were pissed seeing it attached. That was the end of it.

Ha ha, now that's funny!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Classic move Too put em in their place!!!! lmao....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw a drunk guy MS take a can of spray paint and paint his address numbers on his trailer about three foot tall because the power guys wouldn't hookup without an address on the structure.