Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TV sound bar

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Want to get a sound bar for my TV. The new 58" Samsung Smart TV I bought has a rear speaker. With a wall mount the TV speaker is 2" from the wall. Terrible sound quality.
I know nothing about sound bars.
Would like one that I can add wireless speakers to it so I can put speakers beside my chair so I can hear. I have serious ringing in my ears. Our house plan is a open setting with a cathedral ceiling. There is a 8' half wall behind the TV and my wife is watching her TV on the other side of the wall beside her computor. So I hear her TV sound and if I turn my TV up it's too load for her.
I got a high quality hear phones but can't make them work on my model of TV. My grandson has the same model of Smart TV and the head phones won't work on his TV either.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Our soundbar sits right below the TV. It was a big improvement. Surprised me really because the TV had pretty good sound. We don't have any wireless speakers mounted. I'm sure it could be done easily. Not sure I am much help here.

BUT. . . We do have a bluetooth speaker we use on the patio. We also take it on vacation to use in the camper when wifi is available. I use it in my rentals when working and connect to my phone for music. It can be connected to the TV to play Pandora or iHeart, etc. I would imagine if you got a blue tooth speaker and connected it to your TV you could set it at a table, desk, or on your lap if you wanted to. Ours is a Sony speaker. I read the reviews. Seemed to be most bang for the buck. Not the loudest speaker available. For quality sound around $100 it seemed to have best quality but not tons of decibels. Would be perfect for your needs.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I would try the soundbar without the extra speaker first. We have a cornburner in our living room and in the winter it makes it really hard to hear the TV, almost impossible with the built in speakers. We added the soundbar and you can hear it crystal clear now.

This is very similar to the one that we have:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-K450-Channel-Wireless-Soundbar/dp/B01DMRLUPG

As you can see, it is also "wireless surround sound ready" so you have that option as well. I'm sure other models have that similar feature.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ordered a Samsung sound bar last night from Amazon. We also have a corn stove about 40 ft from the TV. Hopefully this will solve everything.