Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wow, just Wow

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I headed to our cabin after work this morning and figured I would sit in the blind on the ridge since I would be very tired. My dad decided to hunt in the hollow. As it's getting daylight there are lots of jakes and Toms sounding off in every direction but only a few on us across the hollow. Shortly after daylight I get a text from my son in law that my daughter has a strutter in the food plot in front of her on their property...she is hunting alone and he is in another area.Then I get another text from Tyler who is hunting near our house in a honey hole...it reads "Dead Tom". Then another text saying "Carissa got a triple beard". Man I'm on cloud 9 as a parent at this point. So I start texting buddies sharing the news and random calling because nothing is close. Then I get another text saying her bird has 4 beards. WOW! After about an hour I look up and there's a Tom standing on the ridge 45 yards away looking at my decoys. I raise the gun and he lets out a stern gobble...BOOM! I joined in the fun. I take a couple pics then head down to the cabin. As I'm walking in I hear a gobble in the bottom. I walk straight through the cabin and open other door. Here comes 2 big Toms and 8 jakes up the driveway. They walk by at 10 yards with the lead longbeard gobbling....very fortunate I'm not greedy. As I'm writing a note for my dad...because I want to go see Carissa's bird...I hear him shoot! He nearly got run over by jakes and took one down. Best day ever! Here are a few pics. We are going to get a group photo when Carissa gets off work this eve.

My Dad, he's 75
IMG_0461.jpg

Carissa's: 20#, 1 1/8" spurs, Beards-11.1/5", 7 1/8", 5 1/8" and 5 3/4"
Tyler's: 17.5#, 1 1/8" Spurs, 9 3/4" Beard
IMG_0465.jpg

Mine: 23.5#, 1 1/8"-1 1/16" Spurs, 10 1/2" beard
IMG_0454.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wow! What an awesome morning for yall. One for the memory books thats for sure.