Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey hunt report '17

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I hunted till 1 pm Saturday. Covered a lot of ground and got really close on two birds. This morning was a waste of time, only hearing distant gobbles. We went again tonight and got two fired up. They were close but offered no shots. We put em to bed and I hope to be there first thing in the morning.

Good luck to you all!

Live reports welcome!!!!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Wow don't you love the evening hunt even if its just for roosting purposes!!! I plan on hitting two properties for location purposes but will have my stuff and hope that an opportunity happens... I hate working nights but for turkey season its the best shift to work LOL. Good luck to you and Mason I know its just a matter of short time before he shoots one in the face... Good luck to all tomorrow.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
image.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Good luck my brother got one shot out from under him today. Someone trespassing or sitting in the fence row got to the bird before it got to him.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nothing for us today, bastards were henned up. Heard 2 shots, one came from the neighbors woods I was trying to call the birds out of. We did find a nice mess of giant yellows under an apple tree we were sitting against.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats guys that were successful today!

A buddy and I came darn close to getting it done... Set up within 75 yards of a longbeard we roosted last night. We were between him and another small patch of timber that was holding 3 jakes and a bunch of hens. I thought it was perfect. He hit the ground and came right toward us... But when he got to about 50 yards, a hen that was with him swooped in, checked us out, and led him back the opposite direction. We could only hunt that piece until 8 am since my buddy had to work. Had we been able to stay longer I think we would've killed one today.