Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7

Tuco

Gobble-Gobble

Starting thread so as to check-in before I leave town for a few days. Will be in WV & hopefully getting in a little turkey hunting. Don't have any internet service in the mountains though, so I'm checked in and ready to start whacking them. Good luck to everyone on the team!

OO2

In the Uplands
Good to hear. Goodluck to you. My main stomping ground is Fairfield county but don't think I'll be hunting turkey there. Will be moving all around SE Ohio in search of my first bird.

OO2

In the Uplands
Will be heading out tomorrow to give itu first attempt at turkey hunting. Got a 50 min drive to hunting grounds so I hope weather cooperates

Tuco

Will be heading out tomorrow to give itu first attempt at turkey hunting. Got a 50 min drive to hunting grounds so I hope weather cooperates

So...... How was the morning? I tried Tues morning in Coshocton Co. and had 7 jakes come in & Thurs morn in Huron Co. and had 4 jakes come in. Must have been a great hatch last year. Did see what I'm guessing was a 2 year old Thurs but only made it 1/2 way across the field before changing directions, but lot's of hens. Hoping to get out 3 times this week in three counties so something positive should happen eventually. Good luck to all.

Tuco

Hope everyone got a chance to chase them around a bit, been a pretty quiet team. That's good, more action - less talk.

I did manage to get a couple, 1 on the 11th and 1 on the 19th. Both similar in size with the first one about 1/2" longer. The second one was textbook, sat down, one call, he gobbled behind me, then bust out into the field and make beeline at me. Done before 6:00 am. That hasn't happened for me in a while.

Be nice to hear about other teammates adventures from the season. Looking forward to deer contest.