Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 4

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Checking in for team 4. Name is Nate and i will be hunting private land in shelby county. I have been seeing turkey in the fields but have never hunted them. I hope i can get on one but will probably have to plan my hunts accordingly because we are supposed to have a baby on May 4th.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Checking in. Not sure I will be much help. Never hunted Turkeys before so this year will be like a monkey fugging a football. Not real sure how many are even around my place. I know there are some just not sure how nice they will play.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Was planning on taking a friends son out again this year for the youth hunt but he has a job now and has to work this weekend.
Kinda bummed as we had fun last youth season getting him his first bird.
Hoping he will be able to go another day though.

Last edited:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck if any of you make it out tomorrow!
I will be out with my bow,went out yesterday to see if they were gobbling good and heard and saw several,also had a cool encounter with a bobcat.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Good luck boarhead. I wont be able to make it out until Saturday morning assuming that we arent in the hospital with a newborn.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I am hoping to make it out mid next week. The little man and mom are doing great. Just trying to stay caught up on sleep.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone been out?
Still trying with the bow,had a couple close calls last week.
Had 2 in but could only see them from the neck up when they came through.
Been fairly quiet the last couple of days and have seen some still henned up.
Will head out for some late morning hunts when i get off of work since we can stay past noon now,had some gobbling at noon last week but it was quittin time.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Was planning on goin out this morning but the little one kept us up most of the night so i didnt. But i should have. Dad went to the farm to get a trailer and there was two toms and three hens about 15 yds from my blind...

twireman

Kingston, OH
Ive been out a handful of times. Nothin too serious. Went this morning and had one gobblin for awhile. Had to quit early to help my dad pour some concrete on a retaining wall. Still love to hear em gobble but must be gettin soft as I just dont really care to shoot em anymore lol. Killed a bunch when I was in My teens and 20's. Ah well such is life.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Had a tom come in to 50 yds and hung up this morning.... was the first tom ive seen actually turkey hunting