Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Checking in:smiley_coolpeace:

I hope I get some time to hunt this year! Not hearing or seeing much turkey activity or sign yet but I'll be out trying as much as I can or my schedule will allow!

Good luck teammates!!!

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I'm here too!
I'll probably spend most of my time trying to get birds for my girls, but there may be a time to two they won't want to get out of bed.
Good luck!

Just 1 More

I'm back from Kansas.. Killed a decent Rio, missed a big one, could have killed a bunch of jakes. The one I killed has 8 3/4 beard, 7/8 & 3/4 spurs, only weighed 17lbs

Last edited:

Just 1 More

I love it when it works like it's supposed to. I was making my way up the old road when I heard him fire off in a place I didn't expect. I stood there in the road contemplating what to do. As I stood there I called a couple times and he fired back each time.. Then I saw him.. He popped out in to the field and I was still standing in the road,, said to myself "I'm screwed"! He dropped down in to a low spot and I dropped down to my belly, crawled to the edge of the old road and got up against a tree,, He worked along the tree line and strutted all the way to me... gobbled 3 more times right in my face. BOOM!!!!! Done by 6:30

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I love it when it works like it's supposed to. I was making my way up the old road when I heard him fire off in a place I didn't expect. I stood there in the road contemplating what to do. As I stood there I called a couple times and he fired back each time.. Then I saw him.. He popped out in to the field and I was still standing in the road,, said to myself "I'm screwed"! He dropped down in to a low spot and I dropped down to my belly, crawled to the edge of the old road and got up against a tree,, He worked along the tree line and strutted all the way to me... gobbled 3 more times right in my face. BOOM!!!!! Done by 6:30

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AWESOME job!!!! You're doing your part!:smiley_clap:

Looking forward to getting out myself on Friday and Saturday!

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
It's been tough for me to get out. I did make it out with one of my daughters for about an hour after work on Tuesday. All we saw were a handful of deer and a coyote streak across the tractor path.
This weekend is also out as it is my youngest daughters 1st communion and my folks are coming out this weekend for it.
Two weekends will be left, so hopefully at least one of them will be successful. I may sneak out a day to two before heading into work to at least say I myself tried...

Just 1 More

It's been tough for me to get out. I did make it out with one of my daughters for about an hour after work on Tuesday. All we saw were a handful of deer and a coyote streak across the tractor path.
This weekend is also out as it is my youngest daughters 1st communion and my folks are coming out this weekend for it.
Two weekends will be left, so hopefully at least one of them will be successful. I may sneak out a day to two before heading into work to at least say I myself tried...

Send me your bosses name and number and i'll place a call on your behalf... LOL

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I'll be out with my daughter Shea in the morning. I am pretty sure she is more excited than I am. Sun is coming up waaaay too early now.
Getting her a bird is first priority, but I'll be taking my bang stick along in case 2 show up, or if a clean up shot is required!