Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 1

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well time to get this thing going, here's to a great season guys....

Old Scout

WV67

1mercycountyhunter

Good luck folks....

wv67

It was wet and quiet here yesterday , today was exciting. Called in a nice tom for my good buddy ( a disabled vet ) but he got a little to excited I think and made a clean miss , but that's part of it still a great morning I will be out tomm chasing on my own if the rain holds off good luck fellas

Checking in. Name is Scott and I hunt van wert county and some mercer. Not many get killed here but I happen to live where some are in woods right around me. Going to try and keep my opening day harvest steak going for the third year. I will be taking a friend out and hope to get him his first turkey. So it would need to be a double. Have my eye on a bearded hen that has been hanging with a nice tom so that would be a rare double if we can pull it off.
Looks like you had a nice hunt already wv67. It's just as fun watching someone else pull the trigger for turkey. Good luck guys.

wv67

Good luck guys it's wet here , gonna try again in the morning hopefully it stops raining

Good luck to you guys going out. I'll be out the first three days. Got a tom right by the house to chase. He is henned up but will see what happens. Youth hunted him last couple days. Our turn now. I'm shooting the bearded hen if possible and buddy will shoot the tom if shot presents itself.

wv67

Well I didn't get to hunt but two days my father passed away and spent some time in Maryland , me and my son are gonna try in the morning they haven't been doing much here for a few days no gobbling at all , so we hit it and go with it and try our best good luck fellas

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well I didn't get to hunt but two days my father passed away and spent some time in Maryland , me and my son are gonna try in the morning they haven't been doing much here for a few days no gobbling at all , so we hit it and go with it and try our best good luck fellas
Sorry to hear about your dad😞

wv67

Appreciate the kind words guys , no luck on the turkeys , but did catch a mess of trout so the day was good

Sorry to hear about your dad. There's a lot more important things than turkey hunting.
Season update for me. Helped a friend Kill his first turkey ever on opening morning. Tom came in right off the roost by himself. Not sure why he wasn't with the ladies like he was all week but glad he wasn't. Been 4 toms I know of killed close to house. I have not seen or heard another Tom since. It many turkeys in my county. Had a jake put on a show the next morning at ten yards but he got the pass. Been after a bearded hen and had her at 30 yards this morning but they flew down from a different tree than the previous two days. So was facing wrong way. Got around and setup where they go back into woods after feeding in field and they veered off course out of range. Also had her feeding right to me the first week and an eagle ruined that hunt when it flew over and sent them running to woods. Another 25 yards and she was done. They are out in field by house all the time so I should get a crack at her in the next two weeks.
Good luck guys.