Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Fluteman checking in. Will be hunting Athens and Washington Counties. Headed out to film for a couple buddies from WV tomorrow. Should be fun!

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I couldn't resist hunting after work this morning. Got to the farm about 720. Called in two jakes. Mowed some grass. Bout 10 had a nice longbeard gobbling so I worked him for over an hour. He came down the wrong side of the ravine across from me about 70 yards. Overall a great hunt, saw three turkeys, 4 deer and 4 mushrooms. Now bedtime.

Big Weff

Athens
Way to get after it! Sounds like about the best hunt you can have with no kill. I'm on vacation all week but we are in the midst of closing on our house, closing on our new house and my wife is about 26 weeks pregnant so needless to say things are a little crazy haha. I'm going to do my best to get a bird down this week though. Good luck fellas. GO TEAM 2!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Finally got to hunt yesterday between the storms and today. First set yesterday. I called in four jakes and two hens from the roost, then nothing the rest of the morning.

Last night, we roosted two birds in the same place I called those birds in, so back in I went this morning. Had four birds going crazy on the roost, but never heard a hen. I was afraid they may have seen me, but that wasn't the case. At 6:30, they flew down and went silent. Just before seven, I could hear a hen cutting in the field. Answered her back, and got two gobbles I'm return, 60 yards out. A little purring and soft yelping got another thunderous gobble just over the rise. Two minutes later, three birds popped up at 20 yards. They weren't all fired up, so I couldn't tell of they were hens or toms. As they closed the distance, I could see beards, so I took a bead and shot the lead bird at 10 steps.