Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Dustin checking in. Got a call tonight from a Veterans outdoors group in Ohio. Looks like I'll be in Turkey camp May 11-14. I might actually be able to contribute to this. They are in Blanchester which is Clinton/Warren county. I'll keep y'all posted. Good luck, let's have fun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great Dustin! Congrats.

Team 3. My name is Phil. I apologize in advance. I'm not a turkey whisperer.

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
Checking in. My name is Ty. I have never killed a turkey before but i really never had property with turkeys on it. I now have permission on a farm that has a ton of them on it now. I hunted it last year and the week before season opened they kind of disappeared. There has been a flock of 40 plus out in the hay field this month like last year. I hope they dont move on like last year. Ill be hunting in Tuscarawas co. Good luck guys.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Checking in. My name is Ty. I have never killed a turkey before but i really never had property with turkeys on it. I now have permission on a farm that has a ton of them on it now. I hunted it last year and the week before season opened they kind of disappeared. There has been a flock of 40 plus out in the hay field this month like last year. I hope they dont move on like last year. Ill be hunting in Tuscarawas co. Good luck guys.
Where about in Tuscarawas county?

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
Maybe if your spots arent producing we could team up and hunt this spot. I know your not to far from Strasburg. Im a newbie about turkey hunting could use any help i can get.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Maybe if your spots arent producing we could team up and hunt this spot. I know your not to far from Strasburg. Im a newbie about turkey hunting could use any help i can get.
Sounds good to me, hell I'm only 10 minutes from strasburg. I did get a new spot in northern Tuscarawas county but I can't get the gobblers pinned down. Bastards broke up last week and now they aren't roosting where they previously were. I'll pm you my number. I'd be glad to help you get your first turkey.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hoping I get out later on this week. Got to get work done while it is dry. Thurs/Frid look like rain. Hoping to shoot the O/U in next couple days to confirm where it is hitting. Good luck gents.

JPN

coshocton
How's everyone doing so far? Last week I got out every morning for about an hour each day. They have been roosting right on the property line and have flown down on the neighbors every day. Gobbling a lot on the roost but going silent once they hit the ground and met with hens. Wednesday I called in 7 jakes, been seeing a lot of them this year. Saturday on my second set there was a Tom, jake and 2 hens out in a field roughly 200 yards out. I sat and called to them for about 30 min and they weren't responding at all just stayed in the corner of the field feeding. They started to work away from me and got over a slight roll in the field so I started crawling after them. I got to within about 50 yards of them and a hen had moved over to my left and was only about 20 yards away. She started putting n ran so I jumped up and the Tom was getting ready to go so I shot.....and missed. I immediately regretted shooting. He was a little farther than I thought and I really rushed it. It was a pretty crappy first week for me. Hoping to get back out Wednesday morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bummer JPN. Good luck in your next outings.

I should apologize. Haven't made it out. Don't know if I will get to. With dad's diagnosis last week, my time is more important other places. Maybe this weekend when my siblings are in town I will be able to slip off to the turkey woods. Let them help with dad.

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
I was out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and had 2 toms and 4 hens all within 60 yrds but could never get them close enough for a shot. The toms went one way and the hens went the other, so i moved and called a couple of times and they responded so i just sat there and they came back but stayed out to far. I havent been out since Wednesday though. Hope to get out a few times this week.

Sorry to hear about your dad Phil.