Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

I will apologize in advance to the team. We can kill the crap out of the deer population, but those darn turkeys have been tough for us. The good thing is there seems to be alot of gobblers this year.

Is anyone heading out for the youth weekend? With the schedules this weekend, it looks like my son and I will hunt the youth opener in PA on Saturday and then the youngest daughter and I will head to Ohio for Sunday.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Holy Shit how did that happen. Lol.

Alex and I will take my nephew out Saturday. We have some birds nailed down but it's never a given. We are two for two for youth season though.

Cspot don't be afraid to move on those birds. If they hit the ground and start working away try to get up and get around them. I've never had luck calling a bird back as those hens usually lead him away on purpose. Try to get a decoy within sight of him on the roost and get him fired up on the roost.

Holy Shit how did that happen. Lol.

Alex and I will take my nephew out Saturday. We have some birds nailed down but it's never a given. We are two for two for youth season though.

Cspot don't be afraid to move on those birds. If they hit the ground and start working away try to get up and get around them. I've never had luck calling a bird back as those hens usually lead him away on purpose. Try to get a decoy within sight of him on the roost and get him fired up on the roost.

I do think part of our problem is not getting aggressive enough on them. We have some nailed down in PA, but like you said it is never a given with turkeys.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I snagged us some points, but I'll try and up the anti a little with a gobbler in the coming weeks. Still a lot of hunting to do yet. Good luck out there fellas.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Bought a turkey tag yesterday. Will be going out saturday morning. Not sure what to expect..... havent seen any tom tom on trail cams nor in person but have been seeing bunch of hens ganging up. So, will be putting out dummy jake and make the call to see what happens. 20170510_031733.jpg