Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11

huntn2

Hudson, OH
huntn2 checking in for Team 11. I will be hunting in Ashtabula, Geauga, Portage and Medina Counties. May venture to Warren County, PA.

Ryan

angelzd28

Checking in here, hoping to get on some birds early. I will have way more time this year as I just moved back to Tuscarawas County, and can now walk out my front door and be in the woods! Should be a good season, good luck to everyone.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Checking in here, hoping to get on some birds early. I will have way more time this year as I just moved back to Tuscarawas County, and can now walk out my front door and be in the woods! Should be a good season, good luck to everyone.

Sounds awesome! I would love nothing more then to be able to hunt where I live! Best of luck to you.

angelzd28

Thanks Ryan, I was living in Stark county which put me at a 50 minute drive to any of my hunting spots. This makes it much easier to be able to scout, prep stand locations, and be in the woods way more.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Checking in... Didn't buy an Ohio license last year.. But I'll try to add a Jersey bird to the tally.. Good Luck to all the other teams and also to those that are not on a team...

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm done. Details & video to follow

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I laid my video cam down & can't find it. I only had the recovery on video since the bird came in silently & quickly. I have not hunted turkey since my last bird, in 2004. I have to give a big thanks to Mike Rex for posting that video of the hen decoy laying down. I did exactly that with a jake, knowing the toms would be with the hens. After a bit of walking around, I knew where my 2nd set up would be. I busted a few hens when I first arrived in the gas line. I did get a distant tom to gobble at first try at my first set up, & I think it was this guy. After sitting a bit at my 2nd set up, I stepped up to the clearing after hearing a terrible gobble, & in the sunlight , saw a group up the next rise in the gas line, but it was on another property. I jumped back & got seated. Nothing came & I didn't like where I was sitting. I repositioned myself & gave a few more clucks with my diaphragm & box call. I thought the hens might come thru first, still feeding, but he came in all fanned out & never saw me off to the side at 20 yards. The hen exploded everywhere after the shot of my 20 gauge 3" magnum load. I took the shot at 0855.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Way TOO get it done team mate... Congrats on a great bird... I went out this morning across from my house and heard nothing.. Made a move to another area at 9... Hiked in and was set-up by 10... Got two gobblers going that would not commit. Had three young birds (17lbs or so with 5-6 inch beards)... Gave them a pass... Saw a nice bear... Highlight of the day was I seen my first FISCHER... I'll try to post cell phone video later.. So had a pretty good morning... The Fischer definitely made my day, but I think it had the birds on edge...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Way TOO get it done team mate... Congrats on a great bird... I went out this morning across from my house and heard nothing.. Made a move to another area at 9... Hiked in and was set-up by 10... Got two gobblers going that would not commit. Had three young birds (17lbs or so with 5-6 inch beards)... Gave them a pass... Saw a nice bear... Highlight of the day was I seen my first FISCHER... I'll try to post cell phone video later.. So had a pretty good morning... The Fischer definitely made my day, but I think it had the birds on edge...

That's a great day regardless of harvesting a tom or not....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I found my cam. This video isn't much since it's after the shot. He didn't take another step when I shot. There were bushes already greened up whereas I could not see anything coming until he was literally right there & I wanted him to clear the post. He never made a sound other than that first gobble 10 min prior to his appearance.

https://youtu.be/RSos4emWQJM