Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another forum site deleting posts

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm in a argument on a well know gun forum site moderator about deleting my requested scope value posting.
He claims it was a undercover WTS posting. I posted only requesting values on rarely seen top of the line scopes.
He claims since I do gunshows I should already know the values. I explained to him in 25-30 yrs I've never seen one of theses 5 scopes for sale. Didn't help any.
He claims I must post in the For Sale section. Only info I could post was best offer and we all know how cheap guys are on best offers and expect it must be given to the highest offer. I'm not quite that slow.
The complaint is being forwarded to the top moderator.

Thank goodness the TOO forum owners made the correct decision of no editing or deletions. The total BS of you can do this and you can't do this rubs me raw. Plus this other site has a built in editing to delete anything close to a cuss word or not politically correct.

Count your blessings.

More later.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's a slippery slope that cause way more issues than it ever resolves. The biggest issue is it opens up the door for subjective complaints. "You deleted this post but you didn't delete that post." Then when you try to explain why, you still won't come out ahead because half the people will agree with your reasoning and half the people wont. So even if you satisfy the original complaint with your reasoning, one of the people who doesnt agree will now pick up the torch.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's a slippery slope that cause way more issues than it ever resolves. The biggest issue is it opens up the door for subjective complaints. "You deleted this post but you didn't delete that post." Then when you try to explain why, you still won't come out ahead because half the people will agree with your reasoning and half the people wont. So even if you satisfy the original complaint with your reasoning, one of the people who doesnt agree will now pick up the torch.

Exactly whats happening on my 2nd complaint I filed. More on that later when it's finished it's course.

Yep being told to monitor, edit and delete posts because of this or that reason isn't fun. Just like Joe said, it's hard to be consistent when things slip through the cracks and pisses half the forum off. Makes it worse for the forum's longevity as well but when they likely have sponsors calling the shots what can you do? Move on is what usually happens.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Received a final report. 'This conversion has ended'. Their loss not mine. My large collection and info I've research and collected is just mine now.