Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Westin vs Summit Racing

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Bought a set of Westin nerf bars for the Tundra when I got the truck, if it was up to me I'd never put them on but when you have a 5'2" wife and even shorter daughter.... We'll you get the picture....

I had Westin on my ford when I bought it and they held up good and was happy with them, the Z71 I bought afterwards had a set on when I bought them and never really paid too much attention too them....

Well they have a 3 year finish warranty on them and last oil change I noticed the brackets and bottom front bars were rusting... Looked from the inside out.... Last week I contacted Westin and they said go back to where I bought them.... I was like WTH? It's been over 2 years for crying out loud.... So before I went to SC for the sons wedding I emailed Summit racing letting them know Westin said get with you.... Told them the timeframe I got em in and hit send.... When I got back and checked email yesterday they already ordered a new set for me and when they get delivered I'm to put the old set in the same box pit em on the porch and UPS will pick em up.....

How's that for service???? I'm pretty happy with Summit racing today....
Stay tuned, lets see if this plays out as advertised lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not happy with Westin, with either their quality or customer service. I feel after a certain timeframe the company should take care of its issues not the seller... But I'm just happy Summit has good customer service....