Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Avian x decoy or new vest?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I would say vest, but those decoys are sweet. I have several vests that I've picked up at flea markets for practically nothing so it's hard for me to pay that much for a vest I'd go with the decoy!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
If your like me half way thru the season I say screw the vest and just grab a few shells and calls but I always have my decoys I have the avian x I like them there alot easier to carry than my old pretty boy decoy

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Decoy. You don't even need a vest to hunt turkeys. Yes, they're nice... But honestly you COULD kill turkeys without one. Those avian x decoys are the best looking turkey decoy on the market IMO.

I know I know... You don't need a good decoy to kill turkeys either. So you could call this a toss up. But me personally, though I don't own an avian x... If I were in your shoes I'd buy the decoy.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Man I love my Avian deke's, but not sure that there that much better than the old Flambeau dekes I have. I have to have a vest too, its like my security blanket even tho I mostly use 3 calls LOL.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Man I love my Avian deke's, but not sure that there that much better than the old Flambeau dekes I have. I have to have a vest too, its like my security blanket even tho I mostly use 3 calls LOL.
I really like that beard buster thing I bought last year that straps around my waist and on my leg. I don't think I really needed a vest anyway, but if I did get one I'd get that alps vest I posted in the link.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ive got and OLD 10X that still has some life in it so I'll continue to use it till it craps out. If I was using a bow like yourself Id stay as light as possible and what your doing is working, just my thoughts.