Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Amazing Non-Resident Stat.......

Fletch

Supporting Member
It seems alot of non-residents came to Jersey last year in quest of one of our bears.. A friend told me he read a report where there were hunters from 30 states here... I know there were several Ohioians here...

Bigcountry40

Most folks wouldn't call NJ a bear hunting destination.... Maybe that's a good thing for now...

If your attempting to have a complete destination hunt including scenery/landscape as major factor for that hunt, I also wouldn't consider Jersey a destination hunt. But If your main goal is trying to kill a black bear at reasonable price without traveling really really far this isnt a bad deal. Especially if you have a hook up in Jersey.

teej89

NE PA
I moved to just north of scranton PA, looks like I may take a stab at some NJ bear hunting. Add another state license to my list of licenses this year...

Fletch

Supporting Member
"J" BigCountry.... When thinking N.J. ones first thought is of concrete and pollution.. I can rest assure you there are some very remote areas where its very easy to get turned around and spend the night.. I took a guy this past year to show him a possible spot and he was totally amazed how wild the area was.. He said it reminded him of Canada.. When I told him TOO watch where he stepped as there are quite a few rattlers and copperheads here, his eyes got like saucers.. The main attraction here is we along with Pa. have the biggest black bears in the world... Everyone wants a shot at a possible record on a low cost budget... Teej give me a shout down the road and I'll point you in the right direction...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ABOUT THE ONLY REASON TO DRIVE TO JERSEY.....rotflmao

Been to Atlantic City for a conference and McGuire AFB for work a few times and that's my experience with NJ and you won't have much of an opinion when dealing strictly with those places lol....

TeeJay I was close to you a couple weekends ago buddy lol... Dickson city/Olyphant area...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I turned down a excellent Finance Company Auditor job transfer to NJ in 1980. I seen no way I could live there. Still seems like a good decision.

Been to Atlantic City for a conference and McGuire AFB for work a few times and that's my experience with NJ and you won't have much of an opinion when dealing strictly with those places lol....

TeeJay I was close to you a couple weekends ago buddy lol... Dickson city/Olyphant area...

Ive spent a lot of time at McGuire and NJ. Every chance we get we go to PA

oakswamper

around Toledo
I was in Jersey last year to play in a poker tourney, stayed in a really nice place by a golf course, I think it was Mays Landing. Didn't know it was a good place to bear hunt lol

Bigcountry40

when we played rutger I spent about 48 hours in Jersey, i remember after getting off the plane and busing to the hotel there were deer everywhere in suburbia, and I am talking about some muley does.