Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got an interesting question!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What is your favorite buck taken by another hunter? Lets hear which typical & non-typical each of us here on TOO likes as their personal favorite. Another way TOO put it, If you were given the chance TOO receive a replica at no charge which TWO would be on your wall? Of course they will be all tremendous deer but I'm just curious as TOO why you like certain deer more than others. Mine are: Typical-James Jordan Buck(massive clean 10) Non-Typical-Stephens Buck(record breaking MB's and unbelievable tine length) What are yours? and Why?

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Non typical: Hole in the horn or stephens ....
Typical: hmmm...zaft or illionis road kill....
This pretty tough because there are so many great bucks out there

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

Schu72

Streetsboro
It's TOO hard to pick just one...

Non-typical
Hole in the Horn Buck. Just the incredible mass.
Neil Morin Buck. Unique rack and HUGE brows.

Typical
Kent Petry Buck. For its upturned mainbeams.
Elisha Hugen Buck. Huge typical 4x4 mainframe.

Honorable Mention
Fleming Sheds

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am gonna stick with some of the forum guys for my list...so here are 5 bucks that I think are pretty sweet.

Cory Snoke's 2008 double split brow

Hoytmania's 2008 double drop

Kaiser's 2008

Gerns 2006

JD's pedestal 8

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Non-Typical: Mike Beatty buck... unbelievable mass on that beast!

Typical: Milo Hanson buck... this one should require no explanation, duh!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Non-Typical has to be the Hole-in-the-Horn even though it wasn't killed by a hunter. IMO, that's the greatest living whitetail of all time and he grew that rack 60 years before the explosion of the food plot, supplemental feed, and mineral market. It is simply the most amazing whitetail of all time IMO.

Typical would have to be the Jordan Buck. I love great mass and that deer is all mass! There are some other outstanding typicals out there, but the Jordan Buck was my first favorite and will always hold that spot

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Denny sharrones buck from Fatih at Full Draw......

Biggest bodied buck I have ever seen, His bases were the size of pop cans... just an amazing animal.

Second one would be an old friend of mines buck, it didnt score much at all maybe 125-130, but the rack looked like he had flames shooting out of his head. It is awesome....

Mao

Coshocton, OH
My favorite buck of all time is my grandpas big 12. I have looked at it my whole life and to me that is what I am after when I deer hunt. It has been the defintion of why you go out and put all that time in. I also have it tattooed on the inside of my right arm along with his initials..

#2 Gnarls Barkley killed by Lee Lakosky...