Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For Jesse....

rrr

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs...ldren-etcremember-consider-season-start-dates

When Getting Married, Having Children, etc...Remember to Consider Season Start Dates
by Phil Bourjaily

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary. Having married a wonderful woman who has put up with the decidedly non-glamourous life of a freelance writer –- inconsistent paychecks, dog hair and pheasant feathers in the house, my travel schedule -- I wouldn’t change a thing, except maybe our wedding date. Most of our hunting seasons are over by late January but every once in a while my anniversary does get in the way of something I’d like to do outdoors with a gun.

Not only that, my younger son’s birthday falls on November 20, right in the heart of duck and pheasant seasons. It’s not that I don’t want to celebrate family milestones, it’s just that I wish they didn’t take place during hunting season.

That is why William “Spook” Spann (left, at SHOT Show 2011) is a smarter man than I am. Spook (born on Halloween) not only chose a wedding date between deer and turkey seasons – June 1 – but he planned the birth of his children around hunting season, too. Let me repeat that: he planned the birth of his children around hunting season. And, it worked. His daughter’s birthday is also June 1, his son was born March 7, a little too close to the beginning of Florida Osceola seasons but still in the clear.

He told me, “I’ll be in deer camp and someone will say, I’ve got to go home this weekend for a birthday party. I made sure that never happens to me.” It is too late for me, but you younger guys take heed.

Jus sayin.....:pickle::banana::smiley_dancing:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
LMAO.

My anniversary is June 1st and the birthdays go like this :

Oldest daughter - March 13th
Youngest Daughter - July 15th
Son's - April 4th
Even the wife's Birthday is March 14th lmao.

No problems here hahaha.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife wasn't too thrilled about getting married in early March. I told her it was either that or mid August. Gotta pick one of my slow seasons. She didn't care at the time since we were gettting married. Now, she scratches her head like "Celebrating anniversaries in March sucks!"

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I didn't complain when she wanted to get married in July, way back when. October and November are mine, all mine.

Good advice for those not married or without kids yet!

Buckmaster

Portage
Wife's B day- June 19
Anniversary- Aug 4
Daughter's B day- May 4
Son's B day- April 7

I planned correctly. :smiley_clap:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wife's B day- Sept 4
Anniversary- Aug 25
Daughter's B day- Apr 5
Son's B day- May 6
I planned correctly. TOO :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife's bday was yesterday. Son is in May and daughter is October13. Her's is close, but not terrible. Glad it wasn't late Oct or Nov.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Certainly you would give me enough credit to already have this thought out right?!? :D Afterall, I did overrule an October wedding and demanding we be back from the honeymoon with at least two weeks to spare before deer season! Hence our anniversary being on my birthday!!! Now I'll never forget!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My Bday - May 21st
Wifes Bday - May 21st
Anniversary - May 19th
Kid 1 - Feb 27th
Kid 2 - Oct 18th

Not bad.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We are TOO much alike accept she is now a female eunic! We could probably pass as brother/sister. OK it is sounding creepy now....

Beentown

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
My Wife - February 17th
My Son - March 22nd
My Daughter - May 9th (if I did turkey hunt this could be a problem)
Me - December 21st (always an excuse to go hunting)
Anniversary - September 12th (early goose is in, but I still get out a few times)

We planned pretty good I think.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Me - Aug 23
Kendra - July 14
Kody - June 26
Klay - Nov 16!!!!!!
Katie - Feb 9

The day Klay was born I went to WalMart while my wife was only 4cm to buy a 20 gauge single shot for rabbit hunting. I was sick of waiting around so I went shopping.

Every year I make sure his party is after dark!