Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shanghaied

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been talking with a couple fishing buddies about doing a Toledo Bass Pro/Dundee Cabelas run for while... Fast forward today was the day... Supposed to meet up and hit the road at 0500.....

Wake up at 0330 and get ready to go, raining out but not bad.... Get too my buddies place, back in the drive and wait for him to come out....

Jumps in the passenger seat and says back up.... I'm like WTF Shawn? He said back up too my boat.... I'm really confused at this point (I know shocking) and tell Shawn WTF is going on?????

Then 2 more buddies show up, we're not going to Michigan, we're going to lake Norman NC for the weekend, fishing with some folks he knows down there....

Now I'm like I'm not going to Lake Norman on a spur of a moment trip... First I've not got anything ready to go.... He said don't worry Andrea (my wife) packed everything you need in your back pack and all your rods that you need are already in the boat!!!!

WTH is going on as I'm still confused!!!!! It's 0500 and I'm tired lol....

So here we go, hooking up the boat, jumping into the truck and south we go lmao... About 1100 the wife calls asking how Michigan is going lol.... What a day lol...

So we're here in NC heading to the hotel after leaving the Bass Pro Shop in Concord....

Stay tuned for updates as this should be a doozy lmao....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_2232.jpg

Surprise visitor.... My son came up from Columbia.... they've been planning this since thanksgiving!!!

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Wow... Well have a safe and enjoyable trip... Take pics... Tomorrow the chucks on the farm will be out sunning themselves. They might even throw a party since their tormentor is gone...