Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting suppressors fun day

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A friend who is a Class 3 FFL has suppressors of every make and kind.
Shot his multi caliber suppressor in 22-9MM-30 caliber. With different thread adapters for each gun. That is a really nice outfit and told him to order me one in. Even forgot the name as I looked at 5-6 different suppressors.
Shot a 9MM 124 gr pistol and rifle without earmuffs and sound is less than 22LR. The 147 was a little louder but still OK without muffs.
The H&K 45 ACP pistol being all ready sub sonic speed was the same sound as a pellet rifle.

My only experience with suppressors was 2-3 yrs ago working loads for a suppressed 300 BO for the Ammo Co.

Now just wait 7-8 months for Tax Stamp approval.

A overall fun time and sure learned a lot.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like a fun day Frank.

Yes it was. I have the connection to purchase at cost. If the suppressor law passes it looks like the $200 tax stamp will be refunded. Hell maybe the law will change during my waiting period but it looks like not until 2018.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sweet stuff. If you can try to get the details on the brand. I've been interested in them lately.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sweet stuff. If you can try to get the details on the brand. I've been interested in them lately.

I'll see them today and get info. I sorta believe it's a SilencerCO with a multi adapter kit for several guns.

Update- It's not a SilencerCO multi caliber as the price is too high.

Duston
I would get a centerfire suppressor and that way you can use same suppressor on a centerfire and a rim fire. Cost a little more but only one unit and one tax stamp so there's good saving overall. May even want to look at a multi caliber suppressor as I am for 22-9MM-30 caliber.

I want a suppressor on my house gun as I already have severe hearing loose how and don't ever shoot a gun without earmuffs. Even when hunting I wear muffs. If I ever have to shoot a gun in the house I want my hearing protected.

I'll check with my Class 3 FFL Dealer if he will handle sales and approval process for you guys. ASAP

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Well I was sorta mistaken. It was the SilencerCO multi caliber suppressor. Mine has been ordered already.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I paid for my SilencerCo 22-45 multi caliber suppressor last night. Being transferred from the Dist to my Class 3 dealer friend. Do the paper work as soon as he receives it. My son already has the same model of suppressor and lives next door so I can always go up and shoot his. Plus I can now get my TC Encore 460 S&W barrel threaded, and I can get all the correct barrel adapters for my other AR rifles in 9MM, 300 BO and 223 I plan to use it on. Plus I think I will get a adapter for my Aug 223 bullpub.
The best part as a favor I got it at dealer cost.
The only thing that pisses me off is if I want to buy 2 suppressors I have to fill out 2 Class 3 forums and fill each one separately.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I paid for my SilencerCo 22-45 multi caliber suppressor last night. Being transferred from the Dist to my Class 3 dealer friend. Do the paper work as soon as he receives it. My son already has the same model of suppressor and lives next door so I can always go up and shoot his. Plus I can now get my TC Encore 460 S&W barrel threaded, and I can get all the correct barrel adapters for my other AR rifles in 9MM, 300 BO and 223 I plan to use it on. Plus I think I will get a adapter for my Aug 223 bullpub.
The best part as a favor I got it at dealer cost.
The only thing that pisses me off is if I want to buy 2 suppressors I have to fill out 2 Class 3 forums and fill each one separately.
That sounds like a sweet system, Frank. Just for curiosity sake, what's that suppressor cost at retail price?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That sounds like a sweet system, Frank. Just for curiosity sake, what's that suppressor cost at retail price?

Retail is $999. But the company has a $200 refund for retail sales. Plus $200 ATF tax stamp.
Dealer is almost 45% off.
https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/

I called the SilencerCo and talked to a tech to make sure this model would handle the 460 S&W since ad shows 45-70. There is no problem as long as barrel is over 10" and TC Encore barrel is 20"

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My suppressor came in today. The Class 3 dealer brought it over and we filled out all the paper work. Now get my passport photos and finger prints done and send in the paper work to the ATF. Then it's hurry up and wait about 6-8 months. Can't wait for the suppressor law change so this waiting goes away. Then I'll buy another one so won't have to change it from gun to gun.
Shot my son's same model suppressor tonight and 45 ACP pistol has less sound level than a 22LR.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Had a fun time today shooting a HK MP5 full auto suppressed sub machine gun today.
Damn that thing ran nice and was shooting 4-5 rounds burst at 6" steel plate at 25 yds and hitting it every time. No jams shooting the ammo company's 9MM ammo. The gun balanced perfectly and never came off target when shooting full auto long burst.
But I was surperised at the heavy heft of the gun.
It was so quite that the only sound was the action functioning.