Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What Cams are You Using????

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thought it might be interesting TOO see what trailcams everyone is using and how you like them... I'm currently using Browning cam's and just put out 3 out in Illinois.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
None.... I used Spy Point in the past but gave the camera game up a few years ago.... To invasive where I needed them....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have 4 Browning Strike Forces and 1 Bushnell Aggressor. I will own more Bushnells in the near future and possibly a Spartan. I've owned about every brand out there and I like a $150-200 cam I can trust. Browning and Bushnell are serving that need really well.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I used to swear by bushnell and had 8 of them at one point. Their quality has taken a nose dive and they only last about three years before they stop working and are no longer covered by the warranty. They are easy to set up and take great pics but I am now using covert and browning. The covert is great but the browning is having issues. It's not getting pics that I know it should be getting. I've had deer and turkeys infront of it and it didn't get the picture. I'm going to buy a Exodus and try that. I'd like to find one that takes quality pics and lasts for more than three seasons. I'll probably get two more coverts and at least one Exodus. I'll let you know how long they last.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went thru a slew of Bushnell Trophy Cams. Good pics. Quick trigger. As they started to die I tried a couple Browning. Like you, I feel they are missing a ton of pictures. Picture quality isn't very impressive either. Sometimes the quality is amazing. Usually it is just so so. The one almost never takes daylight pics. Daytime pics are in IR. I bought 2 Bushnell Aggressors last year and they have been fantastic thus far. Knock on wood.

Fletch

Supporting Member
My hunting friend swears by Wildgame cameras... I gotta say he gets great videos and pics from them... My next cam is going to be a black flash one.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Chad... I said the same thing... But ive seen pics on cams that he has out over a year in Pa. He just moved said cameras to illinois,so ill see how they are doing come Sept when I go back out.. Maybe he got a good batch... Hey... TIFFANY uses them... So they gotta be good....

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I have 3. A wildgame terra 6, Moultrie a5, and a Moultrie a20i black flash. The a5 has poor quality pics but works over a pile of corn. So far love the terra 6, great night shots! The a20i is ok, but not great. All cheap. The most expensive was $70.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Chad... I said the same thing... But ive seen pics on cams that he has out over a year in Pa. He just moved said cameras to illinois,so ill see how they are doing come Sept when I go back out.. Maybe he got a good batch... Hey... TIFFANY uses them... So they gotta be good....
I'd use them also if they were free and in unlimited supply.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have 3. A wildgame terra 6, Moultrie a5, and a Moultrie a20i black flash. The a5 has poor quality pics but works over a pile of corn. So far love the terra 6, great night shots! The a20i is ok, but not great. All cheap. The most expensive was $70.
I only use my A5's over minerals or scrapes, they suck for setting on a trail.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
With my new hunting grounds acquisition, I am contemplating acquiring a few new cams to add to my arsenal. I previously felt my cam days were coming to an end. My Exodus Lift's have been work horses. Exodus is coming out with something new this year, I've been eyeballing the Browning Elites too.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Spartan SR1-IR. I've had 2 since September and they have been working flawlessly. Battery life is exceptional as they take 12 AA'S. Can't beat the 2 year warranty for a camera under $130.

I've got 5 Covert's out now and hope to add a couple more, just not sure which brand I will go with. I've been wanting an Exodus and thought for sure I would have had one by now but those plans got put on hold last summer. Now that they are coming out with a new camera I may hold off to see what that is all about. The Coverts take great pics, decent trigger speed, good battery life but if they're out for more than a couple months they seem to develop life threatening leaks in their seals. So all have little roof's over top of them til they die. Hear good things about Covert's Maverick so who knows. Definitely a lot of Browning fans out there for cheap and reliable. My old BuckEyeCam is still going strong year round for many many years now up here at home.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Tried alot over the yrs and even the cheap ones do alright.
Trying a Cabelas Black Infrared 14 mp this past yr and so far very reliable and takes really good pics.

Also have had great luck with my Moultries M1100i black infrared.
Have been in the woods for the past 2 yr's with no issues.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I decided to buy another plot watcher pro. I went out to check & deploy another cam today while listening to the tune of Mr Gobbler nearby & was in heaven. I'm getting pics of all sorts cutting across & feeding in my gas line right away, that I'll set the other watcher on the line towards the other end of the property. I still have a few other cams to set out once I get a better feel for the property, so right now I'm more excited than a queer in boy's town.