Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opossums

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
A while back I was reading the average opossum will eat between 3-5,000 ticks a year.
Today while driving to a couple of rigs I counted 8 road kill opossums on the 136 mile trip...

Using an average of 4K a year, that's 32,000 ticks that won't get eaten and could end up on us...

Just a thought...

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

I'd rather kill a possum and save a turkey[emoji41]

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Them fuggin turkeys better step up their game or I'm going to choot one in the face.... Just sayin....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A while back I was reading the average opossum will eat between 3-5,000 ticks a year.
Today while driving to a couple of rigs I counted 8 road kill opossums on the 136 mile trip...

Using an average of 4K a year, that's 32,000 ticks that won't get eaten and could end up on us...

Just a thought...

I've read numerous articles that state the same....

Too bad they can't dodge cars better....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Them fuggin turkeys better step up their game or I'm going to choot one in the face.... Just sayin....

No. You won't. No sooner than I will. I WILL root you on though. I hope you get one. Just seems you and I didn't have any luck last year. lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My grandpa always said if you get lost in the woods find a possum and follow him, he'll always lead you to a road. Lol.