Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Something interesting

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's a viable solution to the problem at hand. Personally I think using a counter, table or other hard object for slide manipulation is much safer.

Another option beside placing the weapon between your knees, which requires standing, is to squat or kneel behind cover and and place the pistol behind your knee capturing it in the crook there to insert the mag. Then use the heel of your boot to manipulate the slide.

Personally I'm a firm believer in if you've ran your CCW dry you've done screwed up anyway. In most situations such as robbery, assault etc the threat will be neutralized long before the bottom of the mag. This is due to the close nature in which these situations present themselves in the first place. In a situation such as an active shooter you should immediately seek cover in a defendable position. A person intent on doing mass harm is not going to spend time trying to root you out of that position while being shot at. Their goal is mass casualties of defenseless people. Logically as soon as he's met with resistance from a defended position, he's going to move on.

In reality this mostly only applies to situations where you're on the offensive. As a CCW holder it's up to you if you want to go playing Mr hero I'm going to neutralize the threat and go on the attack. It opens you up to additional legal ramifications of hitting unintentional targets as well as the increased odds of losing the battle. As for me and mine my weapon is for my safety , while it sucks to be those poor defenseless targets, living life unprepared and unarmed is a decision they made, it's not on me to bail them out when the shit hits the fan.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's a viable solution to the problem at hand. Personally I think using a counter, table or other hard object for slide manipulation is much safer.

Another option beside placing the weapon between your knees, which requires standing, is to squat or kneel behind cover and and place the pistol behind your knee capturing it in the crook there to insert the mag. Then use the heel of your boot to manipulate the slide.

Personally I'm a firm believer in if you've ran your CCW dry you've done screwed up anyway. In most situations such as robbery, assault etc the threat will be neutralized long before the bottom of the mag. This is due to the close nature in which these situations present themselves in the first place. In a situation such as an active shooter you should immediately seek cover in a defendable position. A person intent on doing mass harm is not going to spend time trying to root you out of that position while being shot at. Their goal is mass casualties of defenseless people. Logically as soon as he's net with resistance from a defended position he's going to move on.

In reality this mostly only applies to situations where you're on the offensive. As a CCW holder it's up to you if you want to go playing Mr hero I'm going to neutralize the threat and go on the attack. It opens you up to additional legal ramifications of hitting unintentional targets as well as the increased odds of losing the battle. As for me and mine my weapon is for my safety , while it sucks to be those poor defenseless targets, living life unprepared and unarmed is a decision they made, it's not on me to bail them out when the shit hits the fan.

Now there's a lot of info I never even thought of....

Personally I'm a firm believer in if you've ran your CCW dry you've done screwed up anyway. In most situations such as robbery, assault etc the threat will be neutralized long before the bottom of the mag. This is due to the close nature in which these situations present themselves in the first place. In a situation such as an active shooter you should immediately seek cover in a defendable position. A person intent on doing mass harm is not going to spend time trying to root you out of that position while being shot at. Their goal is mass casualties of defenseless people. Logically as soon as he's net with resistance from a defended position he's going to move on.

I agree. If I am going to play hero, I would want something more potent than a pistol anyway since you are likely up against a rifle or shotgun. A pistol is seriously outmatched or at least with me holding it. Also as a father of 3, I feel that I am more important to be an alive whimp that is able to provide than to be a dead hero that has 3 fatherless kids. Now if my kids were in danger then that is different. The odds of losing the complete use of one arm is probably unlikely anyway.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice video. Gives me something to think about. I agree with Joe. It will likely be a self preservation situation if I am forced to draw. I also agree if it is in my house, when the first round goes off the situation is likely diffused. The noise alone in a confined space will disorient everyone. Squeeze the trigger and they will likely be scrambling to get the heck out.