Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Operation Get You Some

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Huntn2 and I kicked off the week long operation to lay waste to any yote that comes through the property, at least that's the plan! I set 3 footholds today, Ryan has about 8 or 9 snares hung, and I might set a couple more tomorrow morning. The plan is for me to run the line all week before work and pull up on the 25th. This place is littered with yote sign like I've never seen, you can't walk 20 feet without stepping on a pile of shit. I have pics of two of the sets I put in, the one I did not get a pic of is a urine post with a rib bone for visual.

A flat set with a deer skull, coyote gland on sheep's wool in the eye socket and yote piss on the backing.

Dirt Hole with a Clint Locklear bait, and some curiosity lure I got off a guy in Tennessee. Sheep's wool down the hole.

All of these sets are in prime locations. They say to set on sign, well there's plenty of it here. If I did everything right there ain't no reason we shouldn't have a yote or two within the next couple days.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks fellas, should be an interesting week. I have my GoPro in the truck to record any coyotes that are unfortunate enough to meet me in the morning😂

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
No luck today, had a deer set off one of my foot holds and 2 snares knocked down. Set another foot hold off to the side of a hole that was already dug by some critter, baited it with mouse paste and a food lure. The trap is off to the side as sort of a walk through. Also hung another snare.

Last edited: