Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Ohio Big Buck banquet

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Had a good time this evening at the banquet, my buddy Ron rode along with the wife and I. We met up with my cousin's husband there and his dad who is my taxidermist. Lots of big bucks to look at. We didn't get there til 3:30 so unfortunately we missed tonks hour long "state of the state" speech[emoji23] . Ron and I both took our bucks to display on the wall.

The food was pretty good. They served Parmesan chicken, Salisbury steak, mashed taters, and green beans. It was fun to experience, can't say I'd go back again or not if I'm ever lucky enough to kill another one. Anyway, here's a few pics of some giant bucks.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
One thing that surprised me was that there wasn't but a couple bucks besides mine with early season coats. And the buck that is directly behind and above me in the pic was a hog! I talked to the guy that killed it, 172 net with 42" of mass, bases were 7", and the beams were like fuggin baseball bats. That was an Athens county buck, said he was 8 or 9 years old.

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them. Are those from last season? How does that work?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Deer killed must have a 60 day drying period to be scored. You can have a deer scored from years past, but you will wait until the next banquet to get your certificate. That is if you go to the banquet or not. If you don't show, they mail it to you. When the official scorer is finished, you do get to keep the score sheet he used to measure on.

Nice pic's Chad! Glad you got to go and experience it. Neat to see all those mounts along with the score and county taken.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing Chad. There were some magnificent huge deer there and some beautiful mounts. Congratulations to you and your buddy Ron on your entries.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Chad.. Congrats on a GREAT BUCK.. What did he score? Thanks for sharing the pics...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What's amazing is how much difference 10" of antler is. Looking at it on a ruler it doesn't look like much but when you add or subtract it from let's say a 140" deer it is stands out like Chad BigSlam51 at a midget convention!rotflmao