Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fugg, Knee Surgery

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well the Doc called and moved my appointment up TOO today for the MRI results. If you guys remember back in October I was working on the rig and had to check my gas line in the dark. Some dip stick left a trap door open over the pitts and I stepped in it and screwed my knee up.

Fast forward I was told today my left knee is destroyed internally. MSL torn, Meniscus ripped and torn and major cartilage damage. Have to have surgery.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck there. Had mine done 28 yrs ago for same injury when my son's dog clipped me. Then 23 yrs ago tore the cartilage in same knee but had to wait one year due to open heart surgery. Never did did have it repaired do to my MS lack of pain in that leg.
They can do wonders now.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good Luck... Wishing you a speedy recovery... Get it done now so you can rest up the remainder of the cold months....

Gordo

Athens County
My old man has been through the ringer with his knees. After haveing multiple surgeries that focused around 'fixing up' what was there, he had a full replacement 2 years back on his one knee, and should have his other done soon.

Gordo

Athens County
Sitting here with my dad. I guess he had some arthroscopic surgeries early on and he said they helped big time

Good luck buddy. It'll all work itself out

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Just talked with work, looks like the end of March I can get it done due to traveling over the next month or so. They were good with it and actually were concerned that I take the time I need. Not a knee replacement it will be microscopic surgery to repair the MIS, meniscus and cartilage. Fugg, had it done on the right knee now its the left.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck with your surgery Jeffro.... My BIL and a buddy had both their knees replaced in the last month.... Both are doing well and glad hey did it finally after suffering thru the every day pain of them....