Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Duluth Brush Pants

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In my rabbit hunting career I've gone through a dozen or more brush pants. I've had all the brands both cheap and expensive and up until the I bought the Duluth brand, Carhart was the top of the line for holding up and quality and being true to fit.....
Unfortunately carhart decided it wasn't profitable enough to continue on with their brush bib overalls and I ended up with another brand that didn't last barely a season of briars.....
I decided to look for a new brand and spend some money to finally end the nonsense of buying a new pair every year or every other year....
Fast forward, Duluth brush pants.... I'm on season two and they're wearing better then the carharts and I couldn't be happier.... They're made with the hunter in mind and have deeper pockets and have a side (thigh) pocket for the transmitter for the training collars.... They're about 75.00 but I should get another 2-3 seasons out of them from the looks of it....

I wear them for both rabbit hunting as well as gun hunting, as well as muzzy season and 90% of the time is involved with briar patches....

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/... BRN 038 030&gclid=CLHXw46l_tECFVOewAodH94Oyg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ive been wanting to try a pair of their pants, but since Im fat and short, finding jeans isn't easy. Thanks for the info.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those look pretty nice, J. I've got a couple pairs of Cabela's brush pants that have held up pretty well. But I guarantee the quality of the Duluth's are far better. I like brush pants, but I also really like my Filson tin cloth chaps. The chaps are waterproof and tougher than nails.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks J, I was looking pretty hard at these, but couldn't find many reviews on them. Need a good pair of brush pants for shed hunting.

How's the sizing run?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Seems pretty true to size on the waste.... If you're tucking them into boots (which I do) get them shorter then normal... I would go one size shorter if I did it again....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Chaps are the way to go

WICKS used to make some of the best rabbit and coon hunting briar pants, chaps, and bibs. Unfortunately they are out of business. Dan's are decent, but if I was going to buy a pair now, I would look at Mule. Fortunately for me I still have a set of Wick bibs and chaps that still have some life in them.

http://www.mulehuntingclothes.com/category-s/1.htm
A buddy of mine has the Dan's chaps. They work well, but when he walks it sounds like he's wearing incredibly loud corduroy pants.